Poor Dealer Service ...

Cookie

Took my Kluger for it's 20,000k service to my dealer a couple of weeks ago and specifically asked them to check the engine air filter as I had been doing lots of country driving and in dusty conditions.

This service specifies that the air filter is inspected but I asked anyway.

Picked up the car and noticed that the dust had been blown from the engine bay and it looked reasonably clean. Had some niggling doubts though so went to my local mechanic who checked the air filter for me while I watched. The filter was filthy, full size bees and bugs through it and dirty as well. I hadn't been touched even though my receipt stated 'inspected air filter element'.

Rang the service dept and was told 'the best we can do is apologize.' Asked to speak to the service manager who also apologized and said we will look after you next service......hmmm, maybe they might have checked it next service, or maybe the one after? Wonder if it's ever been checked before? Makes you wonder if the tyre rotation and balance gets done either!!!!

Also had 'check key battery' showing up on display and had asked the dealer to check that.......was told there was nothing wrong, all ok.

Went bush last week and went to the car to start packing up and remote was dead as a doornail, can't start the car and the nearest town is 45mins drive away.....thanks again to my dealer!!!! Had to get a neighbour to drive the return trip to town...1 1/2 hrs to get a battery for the remote before I could could pack up and drive 4+ hours home. :angry:

Edited by Cookie

thats really pitterfull!! why cant they just be trust worthy and do there job. i cant wait till my warrenty is over so i can do it all myself, id feel so much better about it then.

the old man has a new SR5 and he had a leeky injector so it was spewing diesel out everywhere. so he went to the dealer and said can u fix this because it was still under warranty. and you know what the head mechanic said to him (bear in mind he has absolutely zero modifications to this car his extent of modification is seat covers) he goes "mate it up to us to decide if your car is valid for a warrenty repair, so be prepared to pay if it comes to that"...wtf sort of attitude is that, and no its not the machanics dessision. he had already been over the car and seen there was no modifications done to it.

thats one of mulitple issues he's had with toyota

Edited by ELEGNT

i cant wait till my warrenty is over so i can do it all myself, id feel so much better about it then.

That's all it is. Anyone can do the minor serivces at least. I'd reather do it myself so I know it's done.

You should write to Toyota Australia to complain about the dealer that isn't doing the services properly. I'm sure Toyota wouldn't like that since their brand name relies on Toyota's reputation for reliability. The thing is tho, most Toyota's would likely have no problems during the warranty period even without a single service. The car would suffer tho and things will break after warranty.

Edited by Colonel

Took my Kluger for it's 20,000k service to my dealer a couple of weeks ago and specifically asked them to check the engine air filter as I had been doing lots of country driving and in dusty conditions.

This service specifies that the air filter is inspected but I asked anyway.

Picked up the car and noticed that the dust had been blown from the engine bay and it looked reasonably clean. Had some niggling doubts though so went to my local mechanic who checked the air filter for me while I watched. The filter was filthy, full size bees and bugs through it and dirty as well. I hadn't been touched even though my receipt stated 'inspected air filter element'.

Rang the service dept and was told 'the best we can do is apologize.' Asked to speak to the service manager who also apologized and said we will look after you next service......hmmm, maybe they might have checked it next service, or maybe the one after? Wonder if it's ever been checked before? Makes you wonder if the tyre rotation and balance gets done either!!!!

Also had 'check key battery' showing up on display and had asked the dealer to check that.......was told there was nothing wrong, all ok.

Went bush last week and went to the car to start packing up and remote was dead as a doornail, can't open or start the car and the nearest town is 45mins drive away.....thanks again to my dealer!!!! Had to get a neighbour to drive the return trip to town...1 1/2 hrs to get a battery for the remote before I could could pack up and drive 4+ hours home. :angry:

What a joke,ive heard this before and im sure i will hear it again.I changed Dealers about 2 mths back.I was standing outside the waiting room waiting for my car to be returned when i noticed it comin down the road(it looked good and i felt proud)then just as the apprentice entered the drive way, he didnt slow down enough and proceeded to scrape the underside of the front bumper on entry(i wanted BLOOD)but remained sort of in control but then lost it when i was told(by manager) it would not have happened if i hadnt modified my vehicle and theres not much they can do other than a free touch up pen(yeah right)also when my weathersheilds were fitted 9kms were put on speedo,when i asked about the kms there was no real answer other than a test dive performed.(on weathershields?)more like hooning around or pickin up the lunches at midday more like it.Anyway see how the new dealer goes cant be any worse than those other DONKEYS. :angry:

yes - in these times of economic hardship, dealers are bound to cut corners even more so than before. have heard many stories of people having a lot of trouble claiming issues under waranty. its becoming ridiculous

There is no need to service a car under warranty at the dealer, and I hardly ever did in the last 10 or so years. Although they will show their displeasure when you turn up for the warranty fix only!

I almost never got a good service from any dealer (toyo, mitsu, VW) and most of the time after the warranty fix the car was needed for further repair after they "fix it".

Find a small workshop and develop a friendly relationship - it works most of the time, and its generally much cheaper. :)

i was sitting in the waiting room waiting for toyota to finish the 5000km service on my car a few months back. after waiting for an hour, i asked how long it would be until my car was done, the person at the reception desk said that it would be done real soon and that he will notify me when everything is done and ready. an hour later, i asked another person behind the desk and he told me that my car was finished 45 minutes ago. lost for words and in a rush, i just took my car and left.

I am looking at going to a different mechanic as i feel Toyota has not serviced the car properly; Checking out a few for the sixty thousand kms service so far $140 at non dealer and he even fitted parts for me free :D :D . while i waited.

Will check with the dealer today to see how much there fee is..