Making my 96 Supra a 9-10 second car...

Lisa M. Stewart

So I just traded my s2000 for a 96 Supra (no turbo) and am going to attempt to do the majority of the work on my own as opposed to paying it to be done for me like I have done in the past.

What I really need to know, is besides the obvious (going with a turbo), what else can I and should I do? Should I go for an engine swap or just upgrade the stock engine? The engine has 81k miles on it so I am not entirely sure what to do with that. I have a bunch of ideas of what I am going to do with the exterior cosmetics. I am pretty sure that I will go with a Veilside body kit, carbon fiber hood, doors, and fairings, and then lambo the carbon fiber doors.

The other question I would have is what do I do with the interior...I have seen some pictures of Supra's at car shows that have completely scrapped the dash and gone with fiberglass fabrications with gauges, etc. but kind of wanted to know what others in the Supra community thought of things like that.

Anyways...sorry for this being so long, as you can tell I'm kinda excited. I stumbled along this car just 2 days after getting the s2000 and the guy I bought it from was selling my dream car for a price I couldn't refuse and the Carfax was clean and had documentation of the car being inspected.

So if anyone has any help they could throw my way (primarily engine-wise) what would be AWSOME

Regards

Lisa M. Stewart

I'm no Supra expert, but aiming for 9-10s will require about 5-600hp. You also require a roll cage at those times.

You'll need the accompanying mods for that power and speed so price in a big bake kit, suspension work and (many) HD clutch just to name a few.

Well the spambot ain't the smartest thing around. Though mbruce seems to think that it is copying post from others, so I wonder who originally asked the question in this case.

lol tocau is really starting to rake in the spambots.

furthermore, a large amount is blown on a GTR in japan just to make it run 9 seconds. this lisa whatever stands no chance of doing so. even if he and his other spam bot buddies chipped in

Well the spambot ain't the smartest thing around. Though mbruce seems to think that it is copying post from others, so I wonder who originally asked the question in this case.

The questions come from other forums. For example...

Dumbazz spambots they might actually get a few bites if there questions and requests were not so farking ridiculous.How do we stop these idiots launching spambots onto our forum,i would chip with the rest of the members to pay some P.C NERD to sit at home on his souped up computer on search & destroy missions on anything untoward our forum or website. ;)

Why not make it 7.94 seconds, LOL:

Why stop at 7.94, when you can get 6.97 from less cylinders :ph34r:

Damn. That thing was wild. I wonder how they figured it could take 86 PSI and rev up to 11,000 RPM.

you want a 9-10 second car so you bought a naturally aspirated supra.

... is it just me, or am I missing something here?

whitestivo

Hey, if it works in Fast and the Furious, it must work in real-life, right?

Right?

2JayZee no sheeeeeet

whitestivo

Right?

2JayZee no sheeeeeet

Needs moar Motec Exhaust. Don't worry, I'll overnight it from Japan.

whitestivo

Right?

2JayZee no sheeeeeet

Needs moar Motec Exhaust. Don't worry, I'll overnight it from Japan.

Better watch the danger to the manifold too. It could cause your floor to fall off.

You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

2989240463_91b2b5607b_o.jpg

So, Dunn, looks like we're gonna be partners, bro. Could you tell me right quick what would be a better motor for my Skyline, a Gallo 12 or a Gallo 24?

So, Dunn, looks like we're gonna be partners, bro. Could you tell me right quick what would be a better motor for my Skyline, a Gallo 12 or a Gallo 24?

ah...24?

I didn't know pizza places made motors