Making my 96 Supra a 9-10 second car...

Lisa M. Stewart

Lisa

first of all , I would like to salute you for your amazing thinking ( Dream ) in fact I always consider Supra's to be one of the Smartest options for modification .

let me give you a quick idea that will take you a way beyond 500HP

first of all I’m assuming that you already having 2jz as the engine for your car

a lot of sites out there give you complete projects to modify your supra

as a start I suggest that you put a target in mind about whether you are willing to keep in as off-road , or street legal supra .

I highly recommend that you remove the TT and think seriously of adding a big single Turbo specially T88 ( I adore this one )

anyways you have to take into consideration a lot of things

Single turbo

Custom downpipe and mid-pipe

oil feed and return lines

install block-off plates

gear + transmission

intercooler

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires

Greddy Profec Type-S boost controller

along with so many things ( many but not complicated if you knew the right car shop that can help you in ordering parts + installation )

I know some guys in my area managed to reach 1200HP with 2JZ without stroker ( 3L only )

anyways I highly recommend that you browse a lot of such sites to give you an idea of where shall you start . by the way if you don’t have the time , you can just buy a fully modified supra available in many sites designed to sell modified supra’s only

God Bless the Supra 4ever

^ Nader: I hope you didn't spend too long on that post. Unfortunately you may not have been around at the time that we were getting all these posts from spam-bots. This Lisa happens to be one of them. Oh well, I guess once someone sifts through the Fast and the Furious comedy, they will come across one useful answer.

saw the new one last night.

not as many funny comments.

Let this go. Before it's too late

It's already too late....

Probably the only thing I cringed at, apart from the cheesy "appreciate a fine body regardless of the make" line, the description of Dom's perfect girl before that was great though, swap the %s and it'd be the same for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha... i only just found this.

In the spirit of keeping trolling alive on tocau, allow me to serenade you all.... ahem..

I wonder if you know,

How they live in Tokyo,

If you seen it then you mean it

Then you know you have to go.

Fast and furious... Drift, Drift, Drift!!!

Hahahaha... i only just found this.

In the spirit of keeping trolling alive on tocau, allow me to serenade you all.... ahem..

I wonder if you know,

How they live in Tokyo,

If you seen it then you mean it

Then you know you have to go.

Fast and furious... Drift, Drift, Drift!!!

you see him come and go out of the black Benz SLR

You wonder where he get that kind of money?

Don't worry about it

Lets go

• 1 month later...
Lisa

first of all , I would like to salute you for your amazing thinking ( Dream ) in fact I always consider Supra's to be one of the Smartest options for modification .

let me give you a quick idea that will take you a way beyond 500HP

first of all I’m assuming that you already having 2jz as the engine for your car

The car was stated as 1996 model, all models from 1993 onwards had a 2JZ.

a lot of sites out there give you complete projects to modify your supra

as a start I suggest that you put a target in mind about whether you are willing to keep in as off-road , or street legal supra .

I highly recommend that you remove the TT and think seriously of adding a big single Turbo specially T88 ( I adore this one )

It was stated as a non turbo so there isn't any TT to remove. A big single is only really required if you are aiming at >500HP. Hyrbrid twin turbo's can be a better option if you're happy with upto 500HP.

anyways you have to take into consideration a lot of things

Single turbo

Custom downpipe and mid-pipe

oil feed and return lines

install block-off plates

gear + transmission If it's a manual the gearbox is already good for 1000HP, with an auto a higher stall torque converter will be required

intercooler

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires

Greddy Profec Type-S boost controller A fuel cut defender is also required to stop fuel cut at higher boost

along with so many things ( many but not complicated if you knew the right car shop that can help you in ordering parts + installation )

At 500hp+ you will need to beef up the top end of the engine with stronger rods, pistons, metal head gasket, replacement ECU etc. this are big ticket items

I know some guys in my area managed to reach 1200HP with 2JZ without stroker ( 3L only )

With massive $$$ spent this is achievable, to do this without any sort of financial/sponsorship backing would be crippling.

anyways I highly recommend that you browse a lot of such sites to give you an idea of where shall you start . by the way if you don’t have the time , you can just buy a fully modified supra available in many sites designed to sell modified supra’s only

Good advice

God Bless the Supra 4ever

I know this is only spam but for anyone actually thinking of doing this I have added to some of the above post B)

Edited by Moto