1995 Toyota Celica Transponder Key Programming

slix

Hi Guys,

I've just purchased a blank original transponder key for my st204 celica and would like the know the method I'd have to go about to get it programmed for my car. I've searched throughout the net and all I come across is the guide for the 2000 model (7th gen) which doesn't seem to work with my 6th gen celica. Any assistance will definitely be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

When i got my new remote installed its chip had to be put into the ecu well thats what toyota told me ive got a 96 so yours will prob be different.

apparently pressing the button and opening and closing the doors will work on the older type of ecu. maybe try that if it doesnt work goto toyota when i got mine installed it cost about $80 even cheaper if you take the dash panels off so they can get to the ecu

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate im a locksmith and you can not program in a key,

unless you have to have a diagnostics's machine to program it in, yes i know you can program in the remots but thats all. Unless there has been differenty softwear brought out.

so toyota will be the only people that will b able to program it in, but take it to a locksmith to get it cut, and wilts you are at toyota ask them for a key number for your vehicle so a locksmith can cut it back to original specs

hope this helps mate,

• 2 weeks later...

Gday ... i have a 1997 ST204R celica .. luckly it does not hav the transponder in the key .. but the locksmiths manual said it does .. i got plain key cut n it starts car.. but if yours does hav transponder than you do have to get toyota or a locksmith with the diagnostics's machine to program it n my guy was charging $400 .. But my main prob is programming the new remotes i got as whn i bought car it had none .. i tried looking for the receiver but cant seem to find it .. ? So if you hav any luck let me knw .. ta graham

• 1 year later...

i bought a 1994 zr celica back in 2004 and it was re possed so i only got the key no remote (these were separate in that year)

i got toyota to get me the remote and code the unit. (1994 celica zr came with Alpine alarm systems)

they chard around $150 for the remote and i think from memory $75 -$80 to program. it was this or a new alarm with imob, keyless etc for $380 + so i went with the original

• 9 years later...