Unusual Body kit

mrcrazyrolla

Sup Guys. I'm trying to get a sportivo body kit for my pre-face '04 ascent.

I found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...E:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Wtf? a front lip? doesn't the sportivo front bar replace the ascent one?

$400 for the full kit + $380 for painting (Cascade blue, factory) + $120 for freight.

I can install my self quite easily.

What do ya think?

FYI, I was quoted $2,750 for the full Sportivo Kit (including spoiler + installation) from my local toyota dealers.

Cheers,

-Azza

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

Sup Guys. I'm trying to get a sportivo body kit for my pre-face '04 accent.

I found this on ebay.

Wtf? a front lip? doesn't the sportivo front bar replace the accent one?

$400 for the full kit + $380 for painting (Cascade blue, factory) + $120 for freight.

What do ya think?

FYI, I was quoted $2,750 for the full Sportivo Kit (including spoiler + installation) from my local toyota dealers.

Cheers,

-Azza

If that is the path you want to take, i say do it :P

i have worked out how much i put into my car... and its more then what you got quoted :P

but i am HAPPY :D :yahoo:

that is cheap for the price... but check first to see if it isn't a scam :o

Evo

I found this on ebay.

What do ya think?

Cheers,

-Azza

i have worked out how much i put into my car... and its more then what you got quoted :P

Evo

Yeah that's right you put a sportivo kit on your accent aswell...was it a full lip kit?

How much did it cost ya? From where? Any problems?

cheers

-Azza

I found this on ebay.

What do ya think?

Cheers,

-Azza

Evo

Yeah that's right you put a sportivo kit on your accent aswell...was it a full lip kit?

How much did it cost ya? From where? Any problems?

cheers

-Azza

The sportivo kit that i have put on mine is 100% Toyota Genuine parts for the Sportivo Corolla.... not fibreglass lol :P

And your car isn't an accent but an Ascent... accent is those damn hyundai's <_<

I don't think of my car being an Ascent... its too good for that name LOL :lol: 1zz Sportivo FTW!!! :yahoo:

Evo

Its cheap because its fiberglass - Good luck

Bad quality? Pros and cons of fiberglass rather then...what are genuine body kits made out of?

if you run over something with a fibreglass kit, chances are you would need to discard the kit.. the genuine part are made out of ABS plastic.. easier to work with and a lot more durable too.. (Some panel beaters actually wouldnt work with fibreglass)

Bad quality? Pros and cons of fiberglass rather then...what are genuine body kits made out of?

if you run over something with a fibreglass kit, chances are you would need to discard the kit.. the genuine part are made out of ABS plastic.. easier to work with and a lot more durable too.. (Some panel beaters actually wouldnt work with fibreglass)

Cheers Kenneth most helpful!

Does any1 have any idea how much lower the lips sits then the stock "ascent" :P bar, skirts and bumpers?

Does any1 have any idea how much lower the lips sits then the stock "ascent" :P bar, skirts and bumpers?

it is a noticeable difference,

you haven't looked through my member's rides thread, have you?

all your questions will be answered if you just look :P

is yours the pre-facelift or facelift?

Well done on getting this bit right :lol: ^^^

Evo

Evo

yeah i've had a really good look...northy accessories makes me cream.

The hard part is telling how low it will sit on stockie suspention.

With my lame driveway it's either:

50/30mm Kings (50 back, 30 front) with monroe shocks

OR

Sportivo Body Kit.

If I get both, the kit wouldn't last a week.

so on stockie springs...if i install the kit...maybe an inch less clearance? 2 inches at the back?

Can anyone confirm?

FYI I don't have access to a sportivo otherwise i'd just take the lips off and measure :P

EDIT: pre-face. made 04/04. We just celebrated her birthday

I believe the face-lift started in 06/04?

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

Evo

OR

Sportivo Body Kit.

so on stockie springs...if i install the kit...maybe an inch less clearance? 2 inches at the back?

Can anyone confirm?

FYI I don't have access to a sportivo otherwise i'd just take the lips off and measure :P

for your info, i have kings Lows all round, and i don't get scrubbing anywhere... the are roughly 30or 35MM, i can't remember lol :P

but if you get the 50mm springs in the back... it will just level out your car, not essentially make it much lower...

You will be suprised how much it is to put the stivo kit on my car... something that you don't want to know about :o

Evo

Evo

OR

Sportivo Body Kit.

Can anyone confirm?

for your info, i have kings Lows all round, and i don't get scrubbing anywhere... the are roughly 30or 35MM, i can't remember lol :P

but if you get the 50mm springs in the back... it will just level out your car, not essentially make it much lower...

You will be suprised how much it is to put the stivo kit on my car... something that you don't want to know about :o

Evo

Oh ok thanks evo.

It's also the overall ground clearance i'm worried about. I've never scraped the stockie ascent body on my driveway but I often scape my 3" catback (it's cos i got a dump tip) if i'm not thinking about my angle.

So as you can tell getting a body kit is a large concern to me :P

I appriechiate your time everyone!

I'll post some pics of my baby once i get my windscreen fixed (goddamn trucks).

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

Evo

OR

Sportivo Body Kit.

Can anyone confirm?

Evo

Oh ok thanks evo.

It's also the overall ground clearance i'm worried about. I've never scraped the stockie ascent body on my driveway but I often scape my 3" catback (it's cos i got a dump tip) if i'm not thinking about my angle.

Sell the car and just buy a stivo :P

unless you have bigger plans for the rolla :D

Evo

Evo

OR

Sportivo Body Kit.

Can anyone confirm?

Evo

Oh ok thanks evo.

Sell the car and just buy a stivo :P

unless you have bigger plans for the rolla :D

Evo

I was thinking about waiting till you finish your S/C 1zz and using it as a draft for mine :P

Too bad I have engine restrictions untill Dec. 2011

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

I was thinking about waiting till you finish your S/C 1zz and using it as a draft for mine :P

Feel free, but providing that, its coprighted LOL :P

jks :lol:

You have to post up your ride, so we can all understand it better lol :P

Make a thread already :yahoo: B)

Evo

Evo

Yeah for sure mate. I'm getting my windscreen fixed tomorrow morning, i'll wash it and take some shots.

Might even make a few videos of my 3" custom catback and project sound system. Thats my subs <<

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

Evo

Yeah for sure mate. I'm getting my windscreen fixed tomorrow morning, i'll wash it and take some shots.

Might even make a few videos of my 3" custom catback and project sound system. Thats my subs <<

oh yeah :P

looks good B)

can't wait to see piccies :toast:

So what have ya decided?

Evo

Evo

looks good B)

So what have ya decided?

Evo

Trying to set up a refund system with the seller in Melbourne...he seems like a good guy.

http://www.creativebodyworks.com.au/home.php

These guys will be installing it for me ^^^^

After all is said and done, its only gonna be a 8 - 900 dollar kit.

I can live if i do some damage to it.

It might only be a temporary thing know what i mean? I can always remove it...have a good looking ascent again. Plus i'll gain a sexy wall feature :P

Evo

looks good B)

So what have ya decided?

Evo

Trying to set up a refund system with the seller in Melbourne...he seems like a good guy.

http://www.creativebodyworks.com.au/home.php

These guys will be installing it for me ^^^^

After all is said and done, its only gonna be a 8 - 900 dollar kit.

I can live if i do some damage to it.

It might only be a temporary thing know what i mean? I can always remove it...have a good looking ascent again. Plus i'll gain a sexy wall feature :P

i am pretty sure once you put it on, you wont want to take it off the car :P

Evo

Oh Dang! some1 just bought it from underneath me lol!

He says he'll make me one once he finishes that one.

yeh, dont worry about it buddy, im sure hes surprised by the amount of interest hes getting!

im getting one too! i think ill have to que, behind u! lolz! hahaahah

anyway, let us know how it goes?

thanks