I got a bad case of buyers remorse.

Ascendant Rice

Hi guys.

Well heres the story i went to the muffler place got a hot dog put on and i felt normal drove for a km and startign hereng rattlign and not to mention the drone of the exhaust was just too loud. so i drove back to the shop at this moment i started to get that remorseful feeling, when i got there he put it back up on the machine and notice the pipe sagged onto a bar and was rattling i told him about the drone so he offered to replace the hotdog with a small muffler for free i said sure why not. eventually it all got doen looked at the clock and relised **** i jsut missed my tafe exam ****, at that moment i felt even more remorsefull. now for the finale drivign home i noticed a burnign smell comming from the exhaust at this momment im starting to freak out goign omg should of just left the whole thing stock, i thought the smell was casued by faulty exhasust set up. i get home jump on the net and look for possible causes and a few sites say its jsut the smell of the new muffler breakign in it should be gonein a week or so, still not satisfied i ring up the shop and he says the smell is nto becasue of the cat its just the muffler has pakcign material or soemthign and that after a while the smell will dis appear. But for soem reason i still feel a bit remorsefull not sure if tis becasue of the muffler or its the fact i gotto go get a doctors certificate becasue i missed me exam.

how do you guys deal with remorse.

Edited by Ascendant Rice

I'd say you are getting a bad feeling about the fact you need to go to extra effort (and lying) to sort out your TAFE exam. Can't you do a re-sit? That's what we did if we missed an exam, LOL. Also, I'd be a bit careful about saying such a thing on a public forum.

That smell will go away over a day or two; nothing to be worried about there.

I used to get buyers remorse all the time, but it's happened so much I barely notice it now unless its a lot of money involved. I have a bad habit of doing too much spending and not enough saving. To make the feeling go away you can do what I do and go for a night out on the turps, or hook up with someone... or kill two birds with the one stone and do both.

I would be one sad mofo if I feel that all da time

that's y i developed the "just do it" motto.

milk has turned sour

life sucks so move on.

either that or start thinking twice or 3 times before diving into a mod. Might help ;)

im starting to freak out goign omg should have just left the whole thing stock,
Correct. You probably would have been well served just getting an "axle- back" exhaust, which pretty much just liberates a couple of kW and gives a nice note. Modding an exhaust (cat-back) almost always makes the car louder and more annoying, than any satisfaction you may gain from the meagre power increase you may get. I've only heard a couple of exhausts that were worth it, for power gain, noise increase, exhaust note/tone.

Gav.

im starting to freak out goign omg should have just left the whole thing stock,
Correct. You probably would have been well served just getting an "axle- back" exhaust, which pretty much just liberates a couple of kW and gives a nice note. Modding an exhaust (cat-back) almost always makes the car louder and more annoying, than any satisfaction you may gain from the meagre power increase you may get. I've only heard a couple of exhausts that were worth it, for power gain, noise increase, exhaust note/tone.

Gav.

When I got my 3" redback cat-back exhaust i had buyers remorse. Will the chicks think i'm an idiot? will I wake up the neighs? Will it damage my engine?

TBH it lasted a few days. I occasionaly get a little kick when I jump out after a good long run and smell almost like...smoking metal?

At the end of the day, when I launch Jenna, the joy I get is worth it.

get everything sorted out with tafe first then return the car back to stock. there was never a problem with it being stock so why not keep it that way.

invest in a set of springs :lol:

Good news, exam wasnt today its on wed ( thank ****) it was axel back but i found out it was too restictive becasue it was basiclly runny two massive mufflers. and after driving it all night at work the remorse full left me becasue the sound is awsome !!!!!

as for the zorst being too loud... my exhaust is loud too, you get used to it. just wait it out.

You get deaf! :P

nah, the loud ***** stereo makes me deaf... haha.

Original Post:

OMG OMG OMG... somebody make me feel better. I wagged school to get a hella sik new zorst system - but it didnt work! I got it fixed but now I feel like a tool because I really don't like it anyway. I wish I'd studied instead. Please somebody make me feel better for wasting my moneyz...

Recovery Post:

Good news, exam wasnt today its on wed ( thank ****) it was axel back but i found out it was too restictive becasue it was basiclly runny two massive mufflers. and after driving it all night at work the remorse full left me becasue the sound is awsome !!!!!

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more so than us, Will...

(By the way, don't miss your exam this time)

128661567849741133.jpg

Edited by Leroy

sort out your priorities.

when uni exams come for me they're #1 on the list. Mods come after exams.

After all these exams may determine where u go in life? Pass and you may end up with a decent paying job = more mods?

Original Post:
OMG OMG OMG... somebody make me feel better.

I can't help but think about Wil saying that like Kath and Kim does.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all these exams may determine where u go in life? Pass and you may end up with a decent paying job = more mods?

i got the days mixed up. class wasnt on today called me friend to be sure.

also leroy thanks for the abuse its always good to see somethign funny. keep it up u leh

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

i got the days mixed up. class wasnt on today called me friend to be sure.

lol lucky. Careful nxt time :P