Aurion audio wiring setup

o12lando

Hey guys,

Today I've just installed an Alpine X200 headunit :D

Now all I really need to get done is the wiring! :( Basically spent the whole day getting the factory unit out and putting the alpine unit in. I;m thinking of getting it done by pro's but if anyone knows the layout of the wiring (the colour codes of the wires) I'll give it a shot myself.

CHeers,

Just for you, I took my head unit out and took some measurements. When you look at the car side of the wiring harness you will see three connectors. The following is in reference to it when you are looking into the socket of the plug itself. Using the colours you can reference them. For the stereo, you will only need connectors 1 and 2. If you want to integrate the steering wheel buttons through the use of an external controller, then connector 3 has been included for reference. Only the wires present have been included:

newpicturer.png

Connector 1:

1 - Light Green - Speaker: Front Right Positive (+)

2 - Pink - Speaker: Front Left Positive (+)

3 - Grey - +12v ACC

4 - Blue/Yellow - +12v Constant

5 - Blue - Speaker: Front Right Negative (-)

6 - Purple - Speaker: Front Left Negative (-)

7 - Brown - Ground

8 - Orange - Antenna Power (+12v to power antenna amplifier)

10 - Dark Green - Illumination (+12v when tail lights on)

Connector 2:

1 - Red - Speaker: Rear Right Positive (+)

2 - Black - Speaker Rear Left Positive (+)

3 - White - Speaker: Rear Right Negative (-)

6 - Yellow - Speaker Rear Left Negative (-)

Connector 3:

3 - Purple - Speed signal (used for ASL in stock unit)

6 - Pink - Steering control ground

7 - Orange - Steering control signal (for SEEK and VOL)

8 - Yellow - Steering control signal (for MODE)

Don't be fooled by connector 2. It may have thicker gauge wire and have Red, Black, and Yellow wires which are commonly used to power a head unit, but these are speaker connections only.

I hope that helps for now, and good luck.

Edit: This thread has been added to the FAQ's now.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Sorry for being noob, but, I watched your youtube vid on how to get the Display button working by grounding the 6th wire.

Just wondering what cable you did that with??

I was grounding it to the body of the car using a cable from my multi-meter. Hence "grounding the pink wire".

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just for you, I took my head unit out and took some measurements. When you look at the car side of the wiring harness you will see three connectors. The following is in reference to it when you are looking into the socket of the plug itself. Using the colours you can reference them. For the stereo, you will only need connectors 1 and 2. If you want to integrate the steering wheel buttons through the use of an external controller, then connector 3 has been included for reference. Only the wires present have been included: newpicturer.png Connector 1: 1 - Light Green - Speaker: Front Right Positive (+) 2 - Pink - Speaker: Front Left Positive (+) 3 - Grey - +12v ACC 4 - Blue/Yellow - +12v Constant 5 - Blue - Speaker: Front Right Negative (-) 6 - Purple - Speaker: Front Left Negative (-) 7 - Brown - Ground 8 - Orange - Antenna Power (+12v to power antenna amplifier) 10 - Dark Green - Illumination (+12v when tail lights on) Connector 2: 1 - Red - Speaker: Rear Right Positive (+) 2 - Black - Speaker Rear Left Positive (+) 3 - White - Speaker: Rear Right Negative (-) 6 - Yellow - Speaker Rear Left Negative (-) Connector 3: 3 - Purple - Speed signal (used for ASL in stock unit) 6 - Pink - Steering control ground 7 - Orange - Steering control signal (for SEEK and VOL) 8 - Yellow - Steering control signal (for MODE) Don't be fooled by connector 2. It may have thicker gauge wire and have Red, Black, and Yellow wires which are commonly used to power a head unit, but these are speaker connections only. I hope that helps for now, and good luck. Edit: This thread has been added to the FAQ's now.

Reviving an old post as it got good info and i need some help

I have a Chinese gps from ebay seller autome305, I have installed it and all is good except a few wires!

I know that i have to ground the parking wire - no problem ok

I will be installing a reversing camera later next week and will be tapping into the reversing lights for power, as im doing this what is the reversing wire for at the back of the GPS?

Also there is a ILL-PWM wire, I have installed a different gps in my Mitsubishi ouitlander and the ILL-PWM wire was for Illumination. IT was to be connected to as when the car lights were on the gps screen would dim, but i dont know where to connect it

any help is appreciated

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I'm a complete noob at audio stuff and needed some help.

So i'm looking to buy a basic bluetooth headunit and put in my aurion. I was looking at the sony bt2950.

If i want to maintain the steering wheel controls, do i need to buy the following kit?

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_4552wt_1048

Also if I just want to connect the head unit to the speakers, is it just a matter of removing the stock unit and plugging this one in or will I need to change the leads etc?

Does the head unit come with all the required connectors? Can i just buy these connectors from jaycar, follow the wiring diagram above and do all this myself?

I know I can get the unit installed but I want to do this myself to learn.

Thanks

Edited by random111

• 3 months later...

Hi DJKOR! Thanks for posting this info. Its great! I was searching for weeks before I found this forum content.

Question for anyone that knows, I have just bought a set of steering wheel controls from a wrecker.

I had Volume, Seek & Mode on the left side. But on the right I only had display.

Now I have added the Telephone buttons to the right. Pick Up, Hang Up & Voice control.

This set of buttons did not have the display button, so I removed the contacts from a old set, add it on to the circuit on the PCB.

I then added the plastics for the display button. Its great, all look factory and the display button now works again.

The intention was to program these phone buttons in to a new headunit. EONON D5116.

You connector diagram mentions that the mode, volume & seek use 2 wires. The EONON D5116 has 2 steering wheel wire inputs.

Question is, does anyone know which wire the telephone controls will be on?

The manual is here for the D5116 showing the 2 wires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie.

• 7 years later...