illuminated door sills

tomtheshooter

ok so heres my problem, i got the door sills from the group buy done by evo7, they look great, especially at night :D but...they all work but the open door light is always on my dash now, (seeing as i messed with the sensor wires..) the right hand door sills wouldnt turn off when i close the door if i connected both ends of the sensor wire to the black wire going to the sills... so i just attach one end of the cut sensor wire and they work? plus when i connect it all up again properly the door open light on my dash stays on, meaning the interior light and the central locking have gone wierd too...

any ideas? im thinking i might just have to go see an auto lecky..seeing as ive already blown a fuse messing with it lol

Thanks

Tom

ok so heres my problem, i got the door sills from the group buy done by evo7, they look great, especially at night :D but...they all work but the open door light is always on my dash now, (seeing as i messed with the sensor wires..) the right hand door sills wouldnt turn off when i close the door if i connected both ends of the sensor wire to the black wire going to the sills... so i just attach one end of the cut sensor wire and they work? plus when i connect it all up again properly the door open light on my dash stays on, meaning the interior light and the central locking have gone wierd too...

any ideas? im thinking i might just have to go see an auto lecky..seeing as ive already blown a fuse messing with it lol

Thanks

Tom

Hmm, in my opinion, it would be better to get a professional auto electrician to have a look and see whats going on :o im not sure how close you followed the instruction manual... but it can be easy to get things wrong...

When i did mine, i did it following the manual right through, and no cutting or soldering of wires for me either, but its electricity and its easy to get things wrong :o

Good luck with it mate B)

Evo

I didn't get a manual! I might trying installing them on Monday.

Gav.

The manual is on here on the first page of the group buy :clap:

Evo

so i just attach one end of the cut sensor wire

Tom,

i strongly think that you should replace your wires, because no where in the instruction manual does it say to 'cut' anything... all you simply needed to do was to 'slice' them... which means, the outer rubber 'shell' that protects the wires needed to be cut into... without cutting through any wires...

See how ya go... bring your car down to the Gold Coast, and i will fix it for ya :P

Evo

• 2 weeks later...

I hooked my LED illuminated door sills, dont hook it up to any sensors or you will get that problem.

This is what I done.

1. Find a 12v source under the dash or in the drivers kick panel

2.Connect a small fuse/fuse holder to that source, if its LED all you will need is a small 5 amp fuse as they

draw very very little power.

3.Run all the positives from each door sill panel to this source

4.Then connect every negative from each of the sill panels to thier corresponding door switch

Not sure if thats how you wired it but that will work so when a individual door is open only that

sill will light up and you wont get any open door lights staying on

Hope that helps

yea i thought of doing it that way.. but its all good, doesnt really worry me, only thing thats wrong is the open door light stays on all the time, maybe sometime down the track ill see a auto lecky but till then it'll be right.

Thanks guys

Tom

• 5 months later...
4.Then connect every negative from each of the sill panels to thier corresponding door switch

Hey,

I know this may be an old post but I was just wondering how you managed to tap the door switch wire for the rear doors. I managed to find the wires for the front doors by locating them under the kick panels (where the sills attach) but I couldn't find the wire for the rear doors. I tested the bundle of wires located under the kick panels but none of them seemed to be the correct one, unless I'm missing something.

Hey,

I know this may be an old post but I was just wondering how you managed to tap the door switch wire for the rear doors. I managed to find the wires for the front doors by locating them under the kick panels (where the sills attach) but I couldn't find the wire for the rear doors. I tested the bundle of wires located under the kick panels but none of them seemed to be the correct one, unless I'm missing something.

Hey mate,

have a look at this thread:

Illuminated Door Sills - Instructions

Evo

• 6 months later...

Hey,

Hey mate,

Evo

Hey just wondering if some one could take a picture with them on cuz i was wondering what would happen with the curved part which covers wire n carpet?

Hey,

Hey mate,

Evo

Hey just wondering if some one could take a picture with them on cuz i was wondering what would happen with the curved part which covers wire n carpet?

Hey,

Hey mate,

Evo

these sills stick on top of them. nothing is replaced or removed.