Projector Headlights Compatibility?

Tinz

hi guys,

any idea if these will fit and work properly in our camrys?

the HID kit installation and trying to find a place to secure the ballast is putting me off a little... how will these do in terms of lighting in comparison to HID kits?

i'm assuming it would be brighter yes? i only knoe it looks pretty dope....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&viewitem=

Don't even think about using HID's without projectors. And you will need to still mod those projectors as they are made for LHD not RHD so they will be brighter on the wrong side unfortunately.

Don't even think about using HID's without projectors. And you will need to still mod those projectors as they are made for LHD not RHD so they will be brighter on the wrong side unfortunately.

brighter on the wrong side?? skool me please? should headlights be a side brighter than the other??

Projectors made for RHD cars should have a cut off that looks like this

--------------------------------\__________________________________

This is so that the left side is brighter (the curb and foot path)

In a LHD car, it'll look like this as their curb/foot path is on the other side of the road.

____________________________/-----------------------------------

This is what my head lights with Lexus projectors retro fitted in looks like. (ignore the angle as the road wasnt flat but you can see what I mean)

ProjectorCutoffsmall.jpg

Projectors made for RHD cars should have a cut off that looks like this

--------------------------------\__________________________________

This is so that the left side is brighter (the curb and foot path)

In a LHD car, it'll look like this as their curb/foot path is on the other side of the road.

____________________________/-----------------------------------

This is what my head lights with Lexus projectors retro fitted in looks like. (ignore the angle as the road wasnt flat but you can see what I mean)

ProjectorCutoffsmall.jpg

ahhhhh.... learnt something everyday!

say if i just install it as it is... other than blinding other drivers, will i get into trouble?

2006 camry, is that gen 6? perhaps you can get away with using a halogen projector with a re-based HID Bulb. Not the best combination but would make the lights look a bit better.

Otherwise, just get some brand name halogen if you really want to upgrade the lights..

2006 camry, is that gen 6? perhaps you can get away with using a halogen projector with a re-based HID Bulb. Not the best combination but would make the lights look a bit better.

Otherwise, just get some brand name halogen if you really want to upgrade the lights..

yeah gen 6... guess the easiest way is to get some white bulbs? any suggestions?

yeah gen 6... guess the easiest way is to get some white bulbs? any suggestions?

Well the thing is if you have a stock halogen projector, it may be okay to use a HID Kit instead. (without doing any major modification).

Although i've seen some people replacing their stock projectors (halogen type) with some proper HID projectors.

With regards to HID kits, most re-based ones will not be genuine OEM brands (philips, osram etc). But they should be okay.

Just got to find the right base for your car. I think its H7 for 2006 camry?

Alternatively, you ca just get some white halogen bulb eg Philips Diamond vision are quite good but pricey.

I'm running a no name HID kit in my '92-96 ES300 Halogen projectors and there is no issies at all.

i have no probs with HID kits and been looking at it for awhile, as probably with a few thousand other drivers wishing the same thing... however, reading through installation instructions and all... i am not really confident if i will know what to do and not screw anything up.

hence i thought... alright, since i am such a numb nut, i might as well juz pay a bit more to get the whole headlight set changed to projectors and worry about the bulb type only... but i realise i am faced with the RHD and LHD issue :(

this is almost falling into the too hard basket! anyone in melbourne i can just go to for such after market installation? :)

Ok, now I'm just flat out confused. You have a Gen 6 and do not have stock projector low beams? I thought all Gen 6's had projector low beams.

Ok, now I'm just flat out confused. You have a Gen 6 and do not have stock projector low beams? I thought all Gen 6's had projector low beams.

er... if all Gen 6 has projectors then I do as well?? :)

but why is the conversion to the HID kit aint plug and play sorta thing? the extraction of the base to connect the HID bulbs and refitting the base plus trying to secure the ballast (which is probably the main problem) seems like a delicate task.

you guys have been helpful... i guess the decision lies with me on whether i can be bothered to go through with the HID conversion or not.

do you know what projector your oem lights use?

if they are valeo h7 projectors you can get d2s bulb adaptors to fit

I noe they are h7s... as for valeo or not, am not sure... d2s!? i'm officially confused.

so anywayz... mines an aug 06 camry (current shape).... the knowledgeable forum members might be able to tell me once and for all what type of stock projector head lights i got... please :(

do you know what projector your oem lights use?

if they are valeo h7 projectors you can get d2s bulb adaptors to fit

I noe they are h7s... as for valeo or not, am not sure... d2s!? i'm officially confused.

so anywayz... mines an aug 06 camry (current shape).... the knowledgeable forum members might be able to tell me once and for all what type of stock projector head lights i got... please :(

This is a D2S Bulb (these are the bulbs used in OEM HID Projectors) - but because if your car is not intended for HID, it will use a different bulb such as H7/H1/H4 etc, so people have re-based them so you can fit them in as well.

P1020879.JPG

If your headlight uses a H7 bulb, yes you can get those adaptors which makes a D2S bulb fit into a H7 Socket.

Other than the bulb, you will need a place to fit the ballast (one on each side), i placed mine below the headlights which requires taking the headlights out (see below)

P1020637.JPG