Buying

Kudzai

Hi guys I can't say i am new to the forum but this is my first post ever since joining early last year and i must say the information I have got from all of you regarding the Aurion has been great, keep up the good work. My question is I will be a buying either a 3500sl TRD or a Zr6 (used) and wanted to know whether its worth buying interstate? Do i save a lot coz looking at prices in the eastern states their Aurions are better priced than here especially the TRD's. I am in WA.

Honestly I don't think you'll be saving much if any at all, the freight of the car across Australia is not going to be cheap.. Unless the thought of flying over and then driving it home sounds appealing to you, bear in mind the cost of petrol and the time it will take you to drive all the way back.

Honestly I don't think you'll be saving much if any at all, the freight of the car across Australia is not going to be cheap.. Unless the thought of flying over and then driving it home sounds appealing to you, bear in mind the cost of petrol and the time it will take you to drive all the way back.

1200 to transport it back.

drive it back for about 500ish in petrol?

plane ticket for both 300ish?

i was going to but found something local with very low kays

wow, the cost of transport has gone up in a few years...

last time a mate bought a car from over in WA and got it sent over the brissie, it only cost him like $5xx... :huh:

but this is going back a few years now... lol

i think it might worth the search(Australia wide),a new car is most peoples 2nd major purchase after their home so ya would hate to compromise and ya prolly kick yourself every time ya drove it beacause there was a better one in another state for example but ya settled for a local buy. :(

p.s ya could always factor in another $1500 or so( for freight/your travel/paid driver ect ) to the overall price and take ya pick from anywhere in OZ and get exactly what ya want. B)

I bought my ZR6 (which is for sale buy the way) in South Aus and shipped to Perth because i couldn't get wildfire red in WA. It did cost 1200 and even though the dealer sent me heaps of hi res digital photo's there was still a few little things i missed. Would have bought the car anyway but Will always try to buy local in the future. Good luck and good to see a another future aurion owner on this site!

I bought my ZR6 (which is for sale buy the way) in South Aus and shipped to Perth because i couldn't get wildfire red in WA. It did cost 1200 and even though the dealer sent me heaps of hi res digital photo's there was still a few little things i missed. Would have bought the car anyway but Will always try to buy local in the future. Good luck and good to see a another future aurion owner on this site!

That is another concern of mine, the cars always look great in pictures but i like to look at it in person to check for any minor dings or scratches. Most of them can be fixed quite easily with some touch up paint, but that could be another reason the price could be further lowered.

I ended up buying brand new because all the second and cars were are pristine as i wanted them to be.