99 corolla conquest

Hey everyone

I have a 1999 model corolla conquest and am looking to give it a bit more punch. The current engine is in dire need of a rebuild so i have been considering a total engine swap? has anyone tried this before?

Or, would it be cheaper and more effective just to rebuild the current motor and add a few 'bolt on' extras?

The car needs to comply with the new p plate laws of QLD, which means no blowers or turbos.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

:spiteful: Bob

The current engine is in dire need of a rebuild

whats wrong with it? if you really want id just rebuild it, with headers, exhaust and cai, maybe a tune, how money u got? :unsure:

if you wern't a p plater.. put a AE112R sportivo motor in it, or sell your car and get that if your into that body shape...

Edited by 123R-Prozak

Hey thanks for the info.

What sort of price would i be looking at for exhaust, headers and CAI? and what sort of power?

With the 20v bloacktop, is that the 4 AGE out of the 1990ish corolla sx? and what would need to be modified to fit it?

How much are you willing to spend for this? How much money if you sold your car??

Sometimes pooling the money together should be able to allow you to get a much better car to start with.

Like I just realised I spent close 6K on my car already, just depends on what your after thats all.

Well as the car did belong to my parents and i am now the last child, they are passing on to me. It is certainly not my dreamcar so i dont want to spend a fortune however i want it to be a nice drive for a few years at least till im through uni.

As the engine is blowing smoke badly it really needs a rebuild before sold, so i wont get good money on it, i dont think...

anything you do to make it faster is still going to see 98% of the motoring population faster than you

put some rims on it and lower it, enjoy a good looking car, not a ricer POS. and you'll probably live longer as well.

whitestivo