2zzge gearbox

Nope.

But I know a new one from Toyota costs roughly $6000 ++ from memory is i'm not mistaken.

I have it written down somewhere ....................

Call some wreckers pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee .......... and let us know.

Ok, i did some calling around today and the gear box's range from 750 to 1500!!! wth?@?

they quoted the celica gearbox to be abit more expensive then the sportivo?!?

one price i got was $1200 for a sportivo, and $1500 for a celica

Most other places dont even have the celica gearbox. they said something about the gear selector location was different between them, but some modification may be possible to make them fit.

Are there anymore differences between them besides the Gear selector, and Final gear ratio?

Andrew,

Final Drive are the same on both the Celica and Sportivo.

The difference is the 6th gear ratio which on the celica sits taller so that revs are lower by about 200RPM when crusing on the 6th gear. Every other gears are the same.

Linkages are also on the other side for the Celicas so make sure you get the right gearbox. They are essentially the same otherwise ...

hm... i see...

i've got a spare JDM celica 6 speed box that i want to get rid of. didnt know how much it was worth.

but yeah i will prob post it up on FS section once i get more info and pics of it.

Andrew,

the last i checked it was about 1500-2000

Not sure how long you checked but I just rang 3 dealerships around Melbourne and these are the prices they quote me for a Toyota Corolla Sportivo ZZE123R C64 TransAxle

Toyota Part #30300-1E120

Chadstone Toyota = $ 4423.10 (incl GST)

Brighton Toyota = $ 4416.50 (incl GST)

Cannon Toyota = $4549 (incl GST)

These prices includes GST and is just for the part only. Installation costs are on top.

Brighton Toyota where we will be having our show and shine says they wouldn't mind doing discount for TOCAU members which they wouldn't normally. Didn't go into details as I was just price hunting.

I thought it couldn't be that cheap as I don't do crack ..... :rolleyes:

Labour in removal and instalation of a box is only about $500 if done at a reputable workshop. Toyota's rates are about double that.

what's involved in removing the box Dave? Do they just remove the subframe? Or must they loosen engine mounts and tilt the engine to get the box to clear the chassis too?

Gav.

The subframe can stay in place on the ZZE's, it has a notch to clear the diff housing on the transaxle now unlike earlier corolla's.

To remove the box you have to:

-Remove the airbox etc

-disconnect the shift cables, speedo sender and reverse light switch

-unbolt the starter motor

-unbolt clutch slave and line brackets

-unbolt other misc loom brackets etc

-Unstake and remove the driveshaft nuts

-Drain gearbox oil

-Unbolt the balljoint from the suspension arms and swing the hub assemblies off the end of the driveshafts

-Remove both shafts from the box (lever out passenger shaft, unbolt the retaining bolts from the carrier bearing assembly on the drivers shaft and knock/lever that out of the carrier bracket)

-support engine via a crane or trolley jack with block of wood under the sump

-Remove front and rear engine mounts (I use a very long 1/2" drive extension to remove rear mount through-bolt), rear mount is difficult to get out of the subframe, requires good tetris skills :P

-Remove north-south crossmember

-Remove all bellhousing>block bolts

-Remove top gearbox mount and bracket on chassis

-Lower assembly so gearbox is angled down slightly

-Remove box from car.

The box weighs around the 25-30kg mark, it took me just under two hours to remove the box out of pippy's car the other week in my shed with no hoist, that included removing the cooler pipes etc.

If the car's getting near the 100,000km mark I'd also highly recommend replacing the rear main seal on the crank, the 1zz rear main seal is a massive rip-off from toyota at ~$80.

Edited by CHA54

-Remove both shafts from the box (lever out passenger shaft, unbolt the retaining bolts from the carrier bearing assembly on the drivers shaft and knock/lever that out of the carrier bracket)

The passanger side is a bit of a PITA :lol:

What advantage would a 2ZZ gearbox give me on my S/C 1ZZ?

If I drive on the freeway using the 2ZZ gearbox sitting on 6 gears, I guess this will save me fuel compare to my 5 speed?

Sorry I don’t know anything about gear ratio’s….

the 6-speed makes the SC 1ZZ quite fun to drive, you rip through the gears very quickly :P

I can't remember exactly what rpm you sit on in 6th at 100kph, but from memory it's a little bit lower than with the C52.

Edit: Just checked some vipec datalogs from pippy's car, it's around 2850rpm in 6th at 100 and 3170rpm at 110kph. These would be a little higher than your average ZZE as he's currently got my spare set of 17's on the car with 205/40's on them instead of 215/45 while the enkei's are resprayed.

Edited by CHA54

Does anyone know how much a 2nd hand 2zz-ge 6 speed gearbox roughly is?

Andrew,

New$4000inc gst if you quote this post

What ratios will it run?

Celica or Sportivo?

Can you opt for LSD to be installed prior to delivery?