The Best Built LandCruiser U Ever Own

Meta

As current owner of 80' Series LandCruiser since '97, I found my 120' Series Prado has more cheap plastic everwhere. My 80' Series LandCruiser is still going stronge and never give me a single trouble past 12 years. It is the best car I own so far.

Many of you own few LandCruiser over the years, I love to hear from you.

:toast:

Edited by Meta

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never owned a Landcruiser before, but I do remember the old mans LandCruiser Bundara (spelling). The short wheel base thing was awesome!

I wouldn't mind getting one, later in the year

• 1 month later...

As current owner of 80' Series LandCruiser since '97, I found my 120' Series Prado has more cheap plastic everwhere. My 80' Series LandCruiser is still going stronge and never give me a single trouble past 12 years. It is the best car I own so far.

Many of you own few LandCruiser over the years, I love to hear from you.

:toast:

I currently own both a gxl 100 series TDI and the Sahara V8TTD 200 the 100 has been flawless perfect vehicle so far the 200 has been great too time will tell though

I had an '88 HJ75 trayback with 2H diesel, absolute bullet proof truck.

Also an '06 Turbo 6 Trayback which I only had for 6 months from new, was fantastic, regretted selling it.

I also bought an '08 Turbo V8 Trayback, loved it, but I felt the build quality was slipping. Had rattles where it shouldnt have.

I decided to have an accident and roll that one, insurance replaced it with brand new replacement, one with new dash and airbags, had it 2 days, hated it.

Seat wouldnt go back far enough, just had less interior room than the previous one.

Out of all my cruisers, the '06 was the one I liked best.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 76 series Troopy with the straight 6 cylinder engine. No turbo, no electronic gymics, I loved it. Recently "upgraded" to a GXL Wagon (78series). Sure, it has the powerfull V8 turbo diesel, but it is fully electronically controlled. I can't fix anything on it if there is a problem and living in the bush that could become a problem down the track. The interesting thing is that new one is "more basic" than the Prado, Kluger and LC 200, yet still lots of electronics. It supposed to have a Bluetooth stereo - but doesn't work (see my topic under Bluetooth problems). Driver seat is just moving far enough back for me, and I am 180cm tall, but what about taller drivers ? Living in the bush I would have prefered a basic vynil floor, rather than carpet in which every bit of dirt is getting stuck in. But there is no choice if you order the GXL. Speaking of which, after waiting for 5 months and having various delays caused by an incompetent dealer and Toyota politics, I had to settle for a different colour model than what I wanted - very dissapointing !

Less space than in the Troopy and as others already mentioned: Plastic Dashboard which also, thanks to the air-bags, restricts leg room. Anoying if you are on a longer trip and just want to have a quick nap on the side of the road.

Anyway, happy and safe driving.

Karl