How many TRD's were made?

I have been searching omline and maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone knows how many series 1 TRD aurions were built?

Also, are there series 2 (2008)and 3 (2009)?

I know they are ceasing production, so I wanted to know how limited my aurion is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mate

Only series 1 made it into production. Whether or not they were planning for a series 2, we'll never know.

As of November 2008, only 537 TRD Aurions had been sold in a year and a half. When I went to see a dealer in June 2008, he told me that they were only building them "on demand", i.e. when a customer put an order in for one. Judging from the poor overall sales I think it is safe to assume that less than 600 cars were ever produced.

So yes, you have a very limited edition car there. :lol:

I know they are ceasing production...

Apparently TRD Aurion conversions have ceased as of March 31st this year.

... so I wanted to know how limited my aurion is.

Unfortunately not 'limited' enough to help it gain value.

Cool, thanks for the info. I have one of the last ones made (kinda) number 498.

There was a SL at the dealers when I was there with number 015 (I think), that was about $6k over my limit.

Cool, thanks for the info. I have one of the last ones made (kinda) number 498.

There was a SL at the dealers when I was there with number 015 (I think), that was about $6k over my limit.

I have number 038.... so far so good! Out of the 537 Aurions I am curious to find out roughly how many were sold in each state...

I know they are ceasing production...

Apparently TRD Aurion conversions have ceased as of March 31st this year.

... so I wanted to know how limited my aurion is.

Unfortunately not 'limited' enough to help it gain value.

once a few get wrapped around a pole then they may get there value increase.

AUR30N

i dont think you can get an SL in white... :huh:

only black and silver..

the S comes in red, white, black and silver...

i could be wrong though..

silver, white, black and tungsten (dark silver/grey) but just can't find the tungsten or white....

i dont think you can get an SL in white... :huh:

only black and silver..

the S comes in red, white, black and silver...

i could be wrong though..

silver, white, black and tungsten (dark silver/grey) but just can't find the tungsten or white....

originally the SL's only came in silver and black

but this year they changed the colours a bit, a few new ones out (not sure if they ever made any though)

never seen a TRD in any of the new colours or an SL in anything but silver and black

an Inferno 3500S would be nice :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is a black Aurion TRD that parks in Chester Hill, usually in the closed down VP station. Is that anyone here?

Edited by Hidden Taco

• 3 months later...

Guys TRD 0001 was a SL either black or silver i can’t remember now lol and its most likely Toyota TRD still has that vehicle. The most common car is a white 3500S with the dark rims.

The SL can be found in white but there very rare. I'd be very interested in who has the white SL for sale in TAS as we could only ever get hold of the S model. When i was originally looking for an Aurion i was after a TRD SL but once the announcement had being made that production was to cease the cost of them at dealer auctions went nuts and shot up by around 7k! So somewhat crushing that idea :(

i found this pic not long ago not sure whether this is something i stumbled on and shouldn’t of done or if its Photoshop job. arghhh damm Sorry cant find the pic atm, will have to dig it out and post it later :)

Guys TRD 0001 was a SL either black or silver i can’t remember now lol and its most likely Toyota TRD still has that vehicle. The most common car is a white 3500S with the dark rims.

I don't think white are that common. Whenever i spot one, it is either RED/BLACK and sometimes SILVER. Have only spotted 2 whites in over 6 months and i drive alot......... Have done over 18K in 6 months :)

BTW you can also search carsales/carsguide ......... no white TRD for sale........... :P

PS: May be i got a white one and i don't want it to be tht common........ lol

Edited by TRD 555

I took my old Camry in to Le Mans Toyota in Footscray earlier in the year for some work .. while I was waiting I went into their showroom and had a look around.

They had a TRD , in black I think , badge number somewhere around 300.

I spoke to a young guy that had just stated there ( who was a nice guy by the way) and mentioned to him that they had only built about 300 of them ... that was my impression anyway.

A bit later , one of the older/experienced salesmen came over and we all had a brief chat , the young guy says ... "The TRD was one of THREE made " , the older guy looked at him like he was the village idiot .... LOL ; I guess it was either first day nerves or he hadn't been paying attention.