How many TRD's were made?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it just me, or are there more and more TRD's on the road in the last couple of weeks...

i swear that since i bought my SL back in April last year, i've only seen one other black SL in brisbane... and in the last 2wks ive seen 3 black SLs... :huh:

maybe im just going crazy.... :lol:

is it just me, or are there more and more TRD's on the road in the last couple of weeks...

i swear that since i bought my SL back in April last year, i've only seen one other black SL in brisbane... and in the last 2wks ive seen 3 black SLs... :huh:

I rarely see any other TRD Aurions on the road here... only know of three others in Canberra and occasionally see one with nsw or vic plates driving through. However, I see a TRD Hilux on the road almost every day!!! And its never the same one... i would almost swear than nearly every TRD Hilux must have been sold in Canberra hehe

Theres a really nice Silver one in my local Toyota Dealership down here , not sure of price or anything else but it's a hell of a tidy car!

I seen that one the other day, me and my fiancee were looking at the burnt orange Sportivo :P i think the TRD Aurion was around $57K

Edited by trentmeyer23

I also saw one here in Sydney. Black SL. I was getting out of parking and she was waiting for the parking spot ;).

But don't worry, TRDs are rare. Not like just any other car which u see every 100m.

Edited by TRD 555

• 4 weeks later...
I have been searching omline and maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone knows how many series 1 TRD aurions were built?

Also, are there series 2 (2008)and 3 (2009)?

I know they are ceasing production, so I wanted to know how limited my aurion is.

Only one series ever built (rumours that second series will be made 2011 when they launch the 'new' shape aurion with AWD for TRD Aurion, YES!!!)

Mine was built in October 2008, i have number 588...

Its rumoured that less than 600 were built tho there are no clear indications of how many were built... maybe a question Toyota Australia could answer for us...

Whichever way, we own very 'limited' vehicles...

Found this picture floating about, i'm sure it's just a photoshop job but it'd be nice to think this is perhaps a series 2 TRD effort :)

post-14878-1257754744_thumb.jpg

yes true im sure it is a photoshot job but they have done a great job of the bumper and rear diffuser it looks real neat. the Sportivo spoiler and TRD rear lip look good too.

Well i'm sure one day we will see TRD make a return. It's weird we just built a new dealershipa nd the new toyota shows also have a TRD logo on it, why would a new sign have TRD on it too? also the dealership in the next city over never used to have a TRD logo and now it does, always found that alittle odd..... so maybe oneday people, one day!

dont know why but the rear vent (cosmetic) it reminds me of this... ;)

subarulibertygt-rear.jpg

abit more pronounced but its nothing bad i suppose...

Funnily enough, when I saw the vent, the first thing that came to my head was "Liberty"!

the concept/prototype wheels are hot

Yeah I know. I would love to get a set of them if I had the money. If this ain't it... then close enough:

I kinda wish the TRD rims were like the prototype they had before (shown below). Those would look okay in my opinion; and is that some minor dish on them as well? So now all this 20 inch fun, looks like I should join in with some nice deep dish. Hmmmm, the temptation. I think a set of AirRunner suspension would suit best.

toyotaaurionsportsconceax0.jpg

I believe the prototype wheels are g.max 'bona fide'
. They are in rack one.

Hey guys,

I have been looking for a TRD Aurion, as i am looking to upgrade from my 2005 Corolla Sportivo.

I was cruising Carsales and found the following:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer...id=124FD60D1970

Apparently it is number 0003.

Might be a silly question, though can i ask what is the difference between the S & SL?

Might be a silly question, though can i ask what is the difference between the S & SL?

The differences between the S and SL is basically the same as the differences between the SX6 and the ZR6. The SL (like the ZR6) has extra features like Smart Entry, moonroof package available as an option, passenger power seat, dual zone climate control, reversing sensors, etc. As well, for the SL, you get the plum leather interior instead of the red leather.

• 3 months later...

Traded in my 2007 Presara for a 2007 TRD 3500SL build number 0493.

Picking it up next week as the dealer is fixing up a few scratches and doing the 30,000km service. I am also having a factory towbar fitted at the same time. It's a silver one instead of black (my preferred colour), however, I think I can tolerate the silver.... :P :P :P

Picking it up next week as the dealer is fixing up a few scratches and doing the 30,000km service. I am also having a factory towbar fitted at the same time. It's a silver one instead of black (my preferred colour), however, I think I can tolerate the silver.... :P :P :P

How much did you trade in for If u don't mind Im asking? Had the thoughts of upgrading it too but now it's 2 late with all the mods that's been done. :lol:

How much did you trade in for If u don't mind Im asking? Had the thoughts of upgrading it too but now it's 2 late with all the mods that's been done. :lol:

I got $30K for the Presara and I paid $35K for the TRD. The TRD was built in late 2007 and first registered in March 2008, so the TRD still have 1 year NCW with Toyota Service Advantage. B) B) I paid $2K for another 3 years bumper to bumper new car warranty just in case something goes wrong :angry:.

I have monitored the car first advertised for $46K :( down to $43K, $40K, $38K and then finally down to $35K :P over the last 3 months - I was very lucky to pick it up for $5K change over. With the money saved I thought I'll spend it on the extended factory warranty for added insurance.

Very lucky! I would love the TRD but I don't have the money, plus it consumes more fuel so it would really hit hurt me in the hip pocket :(

edit: I would LOVE Toyota to bring out a new TRD though, this time in RWD :ph34r:

Edited by unique

Very lucky! I would love the TRD but I don't have the money, plus it consumes more fuel so it would really hit hurt me in the hip pocket :(

I too was dreading the extra running costs for the TRD, however, that negative thought went away when I think about how hot the TRD looked as compared to the Preasra :D :D

And some small mods to add to the already awesome car.. :clap:

For sure... First cabs off the rank are HID conversion and SatNav HU... :P

Edit: And tints as well....

Edited by byw