How many TRD's were made?

Damn.. I would've paid more for that to get the TRD, but I love her 2 much already to trade her in for another hotter chick. ;) . TRD looks hot. But with all the mods that's on my car, returning to the standard, trading them in and get the TRD + re-installing all my previous mods would shoot me dead straight away financially. Good on ya with the TRD.. Definitely worth the value. :toast:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn.. I would've paid more for that to get the TRD, but I love her 2 much already to trade her in for another hotter chick. ;) . TRD looks hot. But with all the mods that's on my car, returning to the standard, trading them in and get the TRD + re-installing all my previous mods would shoot me dead straight away financially. Good on ya with the TRD.. Definitely worth the value. :toast:

I would have been very happy with your ZR6 with all the mods. :)

I was in a perfect position to swap over to the TRD as my Presara was virtually stock except for a few minor additions such as spoiler, towbar, slimline weather shield and tint. Although the Presara is an excellent car, however, it was lacking something in the looks department and the TRD was the perfect replacement car for a change from "Luxury" to "Sport". :P

on average, the trd will consume maybe 2-3ltr/100km more than a normal aurion...

not that much more, imo...

so every 100km you do, (based on the last time i filled up at 151.9) you'll be spending like $5 more (if that!)... definitely worth the extra money, imo... :D

Traded in my 2007 Presara for a 2007 TRD 3500SL build number 0493.

Picking it up next week as the dealer is fixing up a few scratches and doing the 30,000km service. I am also having a factory towbar fitted at the same time. It's a silver one instead of black (my preferred colour), however, I think I can tolerate the silver.... :P :P :P

How much did you trade in for If u don't mind Im asking? Had the thoughts of upgrading it too but now it's 2 late with all the mods that's been done. :lol:

I got $30K for the Presara and I paid $35K for the TRD. The TRD was built in late 2007 and first registered in March 2008, so the TRD still have 1 year NCW with Toyota Service Advantage. B) B) I paid $2K for another 3 years bumper to bumper new car warranty just in case something goes wrong :angry:.

I have monitored the car first advertised for $46K :( down to $43K, $40K, $38K and then finally down to $35K :P over the last 3 months - I was very lucky to pick it up for $5K change over. With the money saved I thought I'll spend it on the extended factory warranty for added insurance.

THAT is what you call a deal! Holy Moses, that is the best 5k I have heard of someone spending in a long, long time!!!!

Congrats on the purchase. Well worth the changeover. Running costs are not that much more....

Have a friend who owns a 2008 ZR6 and lives in the same area as me..........also works in the same area........70% highway running and i am averaging ( going of the trip ) no more than 1 litre extra per 100 km's.......so its all good.

The TRD actually loves the country runs.....my trip can show on average 7 - 7.5 litres per 100km's on an average of 90km/hr.

Also around town, avverage 600km's per tank. i was quite impressed with these figures, was expecting much worse.....and thats with the occasional spirited drive thrown in.

Damn.. I want the red thing on my engine!! Please stop this talk or I might get myself a TRD also.. :lol:

For my case, it's double disaster if I were to get the TRD. I'm currently experiencing 14-15L with city driving and sometime worse, 17-18L!! I'll break the figure for the worst record with the TRD.

I'm still expecting toyota to create another beauty in the future with the history of TRD. Hopefully, I'll get that one by the time it comes.. :lol:

i think i still hold the record for highest avg for the tank.. :lol:

from memory it was about 22ltr/100km at the end of the tank... hahaha

what's really fun is to fill up with fuel and then gun it out of the servo and down the street... look at your tank avg on the trip computer then... :lol: once i got 99.9ltr/100km... i got scared then!! haha

on average, the trd will consume maybe 2-3ltr/100km more than a normal aurion...

not that much more, imo...

so every 100km you do, (based on the last time i filled up at 151.9) you'll be spending like $5 more (if that!)... definitely worth the extra money, imo... :D

That's very reassuring to know... :)

THAT is what you call a deal! Holy Moses, that is the best 5k I have heard of someone spending in a long, long time!!!!

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to buy at the time - just rocked up to check out the car and one thing lead to another and I was given an offer I cannot refuse. :D The wife wasn't that happy though... :angry: We are currently thinking of building a new house and I really should not have spent that money.... :P

Congrats on the purchase. Well worth the changeover. Running costs are not that much more....

Have a friend who owns a 2008 ZR6 and lives in the same area as me..........also works in the same area........70% highway running and i am averaging ( going of the trip ) no more than 1 litre extra per 100 km's.......so its all good.

The TRD actually loves the country runs.....my trip can show on average 7 - 7.5 litres per 100km's on an average of 90km/hr.

Also around town, avverage 600km's per tank. i was quite impressed with these figures, was expecting much worse.....and thats with the occasional spirited drive thrown in.

i think i still hold the record for highest avg for the tank.. :lol:

from memory it was about 22ltr/100km at the end of the tank... hahaha

Based on SecaBoy and EC11WA's experiences, the TRD and the Aurion in particular can be as economical as you want it to be depending on your mood at the time and whether you're doing any stop-start driving. The flexibility is there to drive like a Granny or the Stig if you want to save fuel or have some fun!! :lol:

Based on SecaBoy and EC11WA's experiences, the TRD and the Aurion in particular can be as economical as you want it to be depending on your mood at the time and whether you're doing any stop-start driving. The flexibility is there to drive like a Granny or the Stig if you want to save fuel or have some fun!! :lol:

summed it up perfectly...

my brother in law actually commented on the avg tank readout the other day.... he saw it and said "man, thats as good as a normal aurion"... at that point i had done 80% freeway driving and it was reading 9.9ltr/100km...

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I was using my phone didnt know his link was the same link that I posted. Till I got on my computer.

Is that ok?

Edited by REBZTRD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

I know this is an old post, but enjoyed reading through and was curious as to whether my trd Aurion may be one of the very last made.   It's a silver SL with all options, I purchased it new in March '09.  Build no. 621.

It's been a brilliant car and has never missed a beat.

Does anyone have a later one than 621??

• 1 month later...