TRD logo scuff plates expression of interest for Aurion

AUR30N

thanks ari-will post pics when fitted-what do you reccomend to clean surface properly(acetone,thinners,meth or something else)

cheers corey

From my experience, metho would be best to clean the plastic surface of your original scuff guards.

If you are really game and want absolutely NO oil residue left on the scuff guard plastic, I have found that Throttle Body Cleaner works wonders. A word of caution though with that. Take the scuff guards off and clean them outside of the car if you chose this method. One bit of this stuff on your paint and you won't be happy.

Throttle body cleaner is wonderful stuff for cleaning glass as well. I use it to clean the shower screen in the bathroom as well. Amazing what you find out when you start running out of resources.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lad's & lasses,

your items have been shipped Aust Post Insured. you should recieve card in the mail to go and pick up from your local post office.

there in round tube with bubble wrap cost me bit more than expected that's my bad luck as i thought they would of fitted in express bag but the scuff were little to big and would of got damaged.

hope to see few pic soon of them.

AUR30N

Cheers mate, thanks for the arrangement of the Group Buy... Nice.. new scuff plates next week.. :)

Ingres this time round there nothing to pay as it been prepaid as my original post it included postage

thanks ari-will post pics when fitted-what do you reccomend to clean surface properly(acetone,thinners,meth or something else)

cheers corey

I normally use any grease remover or you can buy some isochol from the supermarket like coles and woolies which is alcohol based.

1) Ingres - Paid - Sent

3) VF-X - Paid - to be picked up

4) SecaBoy- Paid - Sent

5) Stylusion - Paid - Picked up

6) Hidden Taco - Paid - Picked up

7) keifer33 - Paid - Sent

8) NZMO31 - Paid - Sent

9) Mr Mart - Paid

10) Speedz - Paid - Sent

11) Corhijas - Paid

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

1) Ingres - Paid - Sent

4) SecaBoy- Paid - Sent

8) NZMO31 - Paid - Sent

9) Mr Mart - Paid

10) Speedz - Paid - Sent

11) Corhijas - Paid

AUR30N

does this mean they have been sent or are still awaiting despatch-i'm confused-lol

1) Ingres - Paid - Sent

4) SecaBoy- Paid - Sent

8) NZMO31 - Paid - Sent

9) Mr Mart - Paid

10) Speedz - Paid - Sent

11) Corhijas - Paid

AUR30N

does this mean they have been sent or are still awaiting despatch-i'm confused-lol

there been sent yours and Mr Mart will be sent monday as they ran out of post it tubes to put the things in.

Thanks

AUR30N

1) Ingres - Paid - Sent

4) SecaBoy- Paid - Sent

8) NZMO31 - Paid - Sent

9) Mr Mart - Paid - sent

10) Speedz - Paid - Sent

11) Corhijas - Paid

All order sent

AUR30N

Hi Aur3on, i have received the scuff plates.. pictures will be up shortly in the Aurion section.. NZMO31 please contact me, i have PM you but no reply.. the rest i will arrange to meet somewhere so that i can pass you the scuff plates.. cheers.

tried to pm you but box is full

gday ari-corey here mate,received scuffs this morning,have found all have light scratches on them,is this normal or should they be non-scratched,thanks matee,they look good but are scratched,just wondering if this was caused by aussie post

cheers corey

• 2 weeks later...

Nah mate they are slightly damaged on the ends of the front ones,so they look a little creased at the tips...looks like they have been dropped on there points,so yeah wont be fitting em to my car...no blame towards anybody.I suppose thats the risk ya take with postage and freight and handling on delicate items. :(

Nah mate they are slightly damaged on the ends of the front ones,so they look a little creased at the tips...looks like they have been dropped on there points,so yeah wont be fitting em to my car...no blame towards anybody.I suppose thats the risk ya take with postage and freight and handling on delicate items. :(

It happened to the shipping from Thailand i think as Aur3on send it to us in a hard tube (four of us) so the bent couldn't have happened from there, all the ones sent to Brisbane has a slight bend on the bigger scuff plates.. but i just knock it back straight and its all good.. what is the damaged like for yours??

It happened to the shipping from Thailand i think as Aur3on send it to us in a hard tube (four of us) so the bent couldn't have happened from there, all the ones sent to Brisbane has a slight bend on the bigger scuff plates.. but i just knock it back straight and its all good.. what is the damaged like for yours??

Nah i wasn't laying blame on Ari,it would be freight for overseas for sure,mine arrived from him in a postage tube packed with newspaper so no probs there,i noticed the bent/creased ends as soon as i opened them,anyway i'm not to fussed the missus feels really sorry for me and is going to buy the geniune Toyota set for my birthday next month,so all in all no real drama. :)

p.s I will try and find another use for em.... :g:

Nah i wasn't laying blame on Ari,it would be freight for overseas for sure,mine arrived from him in a postage tube packed with newspaper so no probs there,i noticed the bent/creased ends as soon as i opened them,anyway i'm not to fussed the missus feels really sorry for me and is going to buy the geniune Toyota set for my birthday next month,so all in all no real drama. :)

51DER might be interested, yesterday during the meet he did mentioned that he would like to buy a set..

51DER might be interested, yesterday during the meet he did mentioned that he would like to buy a set..

Thanks anyway mate but i'm gunna keep them...theres not that many sets like these in Australia so i think i will hang onto them.Anyway if 5IDER is anywhere near as fussy as me he prolly would'nt fit em either.

Wow,

I opened up 1 set and they looked o.k when i took the photo's.

all the rest i didn't even check, I feel bad now guys.....i tried to pack them as good as i could in the tube to stop movement.

you can alway raise a case with Aus Post and try claim it after all they were insured. value of $100.00

Sydney guys just out of curiousity hidden and styls were your ones o.k ? since no postage was needed?

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

Wow,

all the rest i didn't even check, I feel bad now guys.....i tried to pack them as good as i could in the tube to stop movement.

you can alway raise a case with Aus Post and try claim it after all they were insured. value of $100.00

Sydney guys just out of curiousity hidden and styls were your ones o.k ? since no postage was needed?

AUR30N

Ari, one of my front ones had a small bend on the tip closest to the rear door. I was not a huge bend but I tried to straighten it and made it worse. I figured that for how cheap they were and the fact they are scuff guards that they would inevitably be damaged at one point. I put this on the drivers side so passengers wouldn't see it. TBH Im not completely convinced I like them, others seem to notice them but I dont know it they suit the look I am going for.

I went off and my sister for dragging her feet along one and she said "STFU they are scuff guards", this is the same sister was only alowed to travel in my car if she doesnt breath. :lol:

They are good for what we paid, thank you heaps Ari!! You rock!

Wow,

AUR30N

Ari...I'm not to fussed mate don't stress...i'm just toooo farking fussy sometimes.

Wow,

AUR30N

Ari...I'm not to fussed mate don't stress...i'm just toooo farking fussy sometimes.

so Iam mate I very fussy i go over my car every day specially with the rims cause its the mrs car and told her to steer clear behind trucks for chips on the bonnet

lee raise a claim with oz post but will be intresting to see if the sydney boys had the same problem cause there all been in there plastic and foam wraping.

I will make the complain with the supplier from Hong Kong.

Ari

Hong Kong? I thought they're shipped from Thai.. :lol:

nope these one from HK.

thai wanted to much for custom and thats where they get there's from

all thailand stuff is outsourced from taiwan,china :D

R Style is good but direct source is better :lol: thats why were getting our chrome grills cheaper try get them for the price were paying no way I tried to bargian.

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N