Storage Door on centre console broke

It's been a while since i have posted something on here but the little door above the ash tray on my 03 sportivo broke. I have called Toyota and they quoted $246 for the whole console as they do not sell the door seperately. Does anyone have this part lying around? Or know of a cheaper solution?

check out the 03 levin as they had the same colour as the 03 sportivo

alternatively, u could try go down to a car yard n see if ne corolla's from about 02/03-06/07 have that little door then just match the paint

Is the the door that is broken or the whole facia that the door attaches to?

Mine died a while ago and it is the facia that is broken so the reason for the high cost is that it is basically a replacement for the whole centre console moudling.

If it is the plastic tab on the facia that is broken, you should be able to glue it back into place and pop the door back on, but you will need the spring to keep the door moving the way it should.

Is the the door that is broken or the whole facia that the door attaches to?

Mine died a while ago and it is the facia that is broken so the reason for the high cost is that it is basically a replacement for the whole centre console moudling.

If it is the plastic tab on the facia that is broken, you should be able to glue it back into place and pop the door back on, but you will need the spring to keep the door moving the way it should.

Same happened to my '03 Sportivo must be a design flaw. Will try this gluing idea!

From what i can see, the door is held on by a elastic string so it gets it's snap back from them. There plastic piece that acts as a hinge that is broken. The groove in the door is still fine. I will have to see if i can glue this and get the door in the right spot.

Very annoying because every bump or quicker takeoff causes the door to fly open

From what i can see, the door is held on by a elastic string so it gets it's snap back from them. There plastic piece that acts as a hinge that is broken. The groove in the door is still fine. I will have to see if i can glue this and get the door in the right spot.

Very annoying because every bump or quicker takeoff causes the door to fly open

King Wreck will have this bit for you, no worries. Not sure waht they will ask.

If it is expensive, I would bodgey it up temporarily by using magnets or velcro (as long as the bogey job is removable and not visible from the outside). good luck.

My friend and I (both have black 05 sportivo's) had the plastic hindge part melt off on the same day due to the hot weather i think in March this year!.

Got quoted $400 Castle Hill Toyota as they too said that the whole console with the climate control needs to be replaced.... i tried small magnet (lift was too powereful lol and it still kept coming off) velcro....kinda annoying....so i took the whole door off and left it empty...

i reckon either close it permanently or remove the door.

Steve.

i tried to glue mine together but it was just crap. so wat i did was broke it off completely and used a small piece of metal (maybe a cut up a safety pin or something) glue it in and your set. no dramas since then.