Cool FJ40

Amongst other things, this thing had either a 308, 350 V8 conversion (sounded like a 308), Full Muds and what looked like a custom rear suspension set up. Maybe that club on the front windscreen has a Website.

• 2 months later...

This one is a US spec 45 series wagon petrol,probably a mid 60s vintage.

We didnt get too many of these in oz. Ive only seen one in Perth and another for sale in a trader mag :D

post-953-1119439084_thumb.jpg

I like the diesel 45. I came across this one and nearly bought :D

I should have added that this diesel HJ45 is one of 217 built for the aust army and used for northern defence and surveillance.

I like the diesel 45. I came across this one and nearly bought :D

Wow, is that the original duco? Looks to be in very good shape, but belonging to the armed forces you know it would be serviced religiously.

I haven't seen any wagon's like that US spec one here in VIC, only the usual SWB's (Most these days running around with 308 conversions) and troop carriers.

Wow, is that the original duco?  Looks to be in very good shape, but belonging to the armed forces you know it would be serviced religiously. 

I haven't seen any wagon's like that US spec one here in VIC, only the usual SWB's (Most these days running around with 308 conversions) and troop carriers.

Im glad you liked it. Most of the paint was original. The front around the headlights had a quick blowover but it looked ok.

It had a spot of rust in the floor,but it didnt seem to be rusting quickly if you know what I mean :blink:

Apart from that it was original. The winch had been removed,but all the connections seemed to be there. I think it ran off the PTO.

It was 5sp with discs and power steering:rolleyes:

Ive added an interior shot

The wagon was mostly sold in the US. Someone told me that aust got the second highest amount but it must have been a very small number.

post-953-1119511986_thumb.jpg

Bit of a surprise there's no snorkel on it considering the amount of creek crossings and bog holes they'd use it to go through.

Reminds me of my Cousins old one. He fabricated his own Canopee for the back, never washed it either !