For those who use Mobil Synergy 2000 to 8000

http://www.exxonmobil.com/Australia-Englis...s_20092705.aspx

27 May 2009

Melbourne, Australia: Mobil Oil Australia Pty Ltd ("Mobil"), a subsidiary of ExxonMobil, announced today that it has signed an agreement for the sale of its retail fuels business comprising 302 company owned or leased service stations, primarily located in the metropolitan areas of eastern Australia, to Caltex Australia ("Caltex"). Completion of the sale is subject to regulatory clearance.

The sale covers the company Strasburger Enterprises (Properties) Pty Ltd ("SEP"), which operates Mobil's metropolitan retail network in Australia.

"By selling Mobil's retail business as a going concern we are endeavouring to preserve jobs for most of those employed in this business," said Mobil's Fuels Director, Paul Rea.

The sale does not include any other part of ExxonMobil's Australian operations. Mobil will continue to compete in the supply, terminaling and wholesale marketing of fuels products in Australia, as well as with its lubricants, petroleum specialties, refining and chemicals businesses.

"The Australian retail fuels market is highly competitive and challenging," said Mr. Rea. "Mobil is now a relatively small participant in that sector of the market following the extensive rationalisation of its company owned service station network over the last few years.”

The proposed transaction does not affect ExxonMobil's oil and gas production operations in Australia, which continue to be an important part of ExxonMobil’s global portfolio.

Soooooo.....how many of you use mobil fuel?

Soooooo.....how many of you use mobil fuel?

Mobil fuel hasn't been Mobil for ages anyway, right? Just re-branded BP or Caltex fuel.

DSC00348.jpg

This was at the first click.

I think the browser is set to rip us off.

I think today tonight was on it once.

I've got a few more like these ................

i dont understand.

is their anyway to get your fuel tank fixed.

mine has a 70 litre tank and i can never put more than 45 litre's in.

after about 450 k's the fuel light comes on and i chuck in 40 liters until i can't fill it no more.

i am very very worried about running out of fuel.

is their anyway to get the fuel light to come on in lets say, the last 10 liters?

This was at the first click.

Aren't those like 55 litre tanks? Even if it were a 60 litre tank and you filled it up to filling point, you would have had to have a just about empty tank. My filler neck only holds about 1.5 litres at the most, so that is starting to look a bit strange. Same servo? Maybe you have a tank that got over inflated in the blow mould.

i dont understand.

is their anyway to get your fuel tank fixed.

mine has a 70 litre tank and i can never put more than 45 litre's in.

after about 450 k's the fuel light comes on and i chuck in 40 liters until i can't fill it no more.

i am very very worried about running out of fuel.

is their anyway to get the fuel light to come on in lets say, the last 10 liters?

I think it's as a safety margin thing, just in case you are stuck on a highway or something. The funny thing is, many people realise the margin that is present, but don't really care too much about adjusting it. For the others, they may never even realise that they still have a bit of fuel left in the tank.

There's not simple way I can think of adjusting it to come on later except for either adjusting the fuel tank float, or modifying the signal that the gauge receives. Personally, I don't care too much. I just wait till it says empty then drive for another 50km or so.

Its all about waiting for the right day (cheapest, tightest day of course) to fill up!

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Recession hit hard :(

Prior to this, I did like 59.49L.

61.02L is still my best record.

Its all about waiting for the right day (cheapest, tightest day of course) to fill up!

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Recession hit hard :(

Prior to this, I did like 59.49L.

61.02L is still my best record.

hahah i should do mine.

my sportivo has a 70l tank in it.

mish and mark put a hole through the old one i think so they chucked on a new 70l one.

Mobil in NSW has been selling caltex fuel for years, so not big change.

Also, the fuel tank is designed to hold 60 litres, but in reality it holds more. Its called ullage, look it up.

Just like if you buy a 20 litre jerry can, it holds almost 25 litres really

• 3 weeks later...

mmm kinda 4got about this thread after i posted it.

mobil 8000 cant caltex right? since they have more mobil 8000s that they did vortex98 back then....