How to adjust the headlight beam down abit?

elgrande

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the headlight beam down a lil bit on a 2007

Toyota Camry.

I was just driving in front of my car tonight and must be cos my rear is a little lower than the front, that the HID headlights

aiming abit up. Abit bloody blinding. I tried to have a look for that little adjuster behind the headlight but couldnt seem to find one. All I want to do is dip it a couple degrees so that its not so blinding to oncoming traffic or better yet a copper LoL

Cheers

I could give some basic instructions, but this will explain it so much better than I can:

Gen 6 Camry Service Manual - Lighting (alternate link)

Pages 73 to 76 describe the process as well as the location of the adjustment screw. Bear in mind that this manual is for the US market, so your headlight cut-off will be a mirror image.

• 4 weeks later...

I found on my headlights this circle style bolt and it has little teeth round the edge of it.

I remember on my old car it had this type of screw and when I turned it, it did adjust it up and down but when I tried the same style screw on the back of my camry headlights it does nothing? :(

I'm spun out on how to adjust em, my left headlight seems ok, just the drivers side projector seems abit more blinding

I found on my headlights this circle style bolt and it has little teeth round the edge of it.

I remember on my old car it had this type of screw and when I turned it, it did adjust it up and down but when I tried the same style screw on the back of my camry headlights it does nothing? :(

I'm spun out on how to adjust em, my left headlight seems ok, just the drivers side projector seems abit more blinding

When you do finally adjust it make sure its done at night with your lights on . (Best is to face a Wall). You might not realize what half a turn the adjuster can do. Can sometimes be very dramatic and the only way to get proper gauge of the adjustment is to have a fixed point of reference (in this case the wall) .

Yeah I had it pointing to a white wall bout 15 feet away from the wall, I seen another black lookin dial under the projector but not sure how it turns. Look like there is a special way to do it or a special key :huh:

• 1 month later...

I figured out today that its normal for 06+ Camrys to have the driver side pointing abit higher.

Dunno why, must of been a design reason.

A toyota mechanic told me its normal and we even checked a couple in the yard and they were pointing the same as mine LoL

If you stand bout 15m in front of the car and crouch down you will see that the drivers projector shines abit higher.

• 1 year later...

on my 1998 camry you need an 11mm ring spanner[not a Phillips head screwdriver as shown] as flat as you can get to fit over the black piece at the back of the headlight assembly then turn clockwise[tighten]to raise the beam and anti clockwise to lower