Silly but desperate for help

T1G3R

Ok so heres how it goes, i just bought a new Toyota Camry 07 altise. Everything is perfect but lately I've been noticing that my seat belt has been twisting alot. Today it finally folded in on itself right in a corner of the top hinge and jammed itself. For all my life I've tried pulling it out n getting behind the panel but i cant pull it either way. I am unable to relive the knot at all. It's all stuck on one end of the belt holder and i cant move it to the other side or flatten it out. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix it or how to get to the belt mechanism without breaking anything? Also anyone know of a workshop manual out there that wont be a drain on my already very thin wallet.

It's pretty urgent too since its the drivers side, i don't want to reduce my safety, incur traffic infringements and most of all that annoying beep u dont strap urself in.

I understand the frustration that one can get with a twisted seat belt. You can sometimes spend a good length of time just trying to get it to go the right way again.

I've never really come across a situation though where it has managed to fold and jam itself within the buckle or the upper shoulder anchor assembly. Usually a good hard tug from one way or the other is good to clear it up. It sounds like you may need to remove the 'upper centre pillar garnish' (as they call it) to be able to give you more room to work with. If you want to get an idea of what it all looks like in service manual form, these would be the two manuals you'd be looking for:

Seat Belt (alternate link)

Interior Trim (alternate link)

Just remember, if it gets to the point that you need to take the seat belt assembly out, remember to disconnect the battery and wait 90 seconds before unplugging everything because those are SRS pre-tensioner seat belts.

Good luck.

Thanks DJ.

This should help me alot, i'll do it first thing tomorrow when i can get some light. It amazes me on how it got jammed.. first it was just twisted then i gave it that "good ol' tug" that made it even worse! Makes me wish for the simpler times of 1979 when my fathers old Honda accord's belt. which was just the retractor and the shoulder anchor assembly which was just one big loop and one big bolt, all visible and easy to reach.

Thanks DJ.

This should help me alot, i'll do it first thing tomorrow when i can get some light. It amazes me on how it got jammed.. first it was just twisted then i gave it that "good ol' tug" that made it even worse! Makes me wish for the simpler times of 1979 when my fathers old Honda accord's belt. which was just the retractor and the shoulder anchor assembly which was just one big loop and one big bolt, all visible and easy to reach.

Are you able to unbolt it from itsanchor point?

So you have more belt to play with.

unfortunately i just woke up... so i got no light to work with, i'll do it tomorrow when i can get more tools and my brother to assist. But yeah thats the idea im going for... to remove the anchor bolt so i got more belt.