Aurion Question?

Had my ATX on the hoist yesterday and i noticed as i was looking underneath 5 screws/bolts protruding from the bottom of the spare wheel well. :unsure:

my question,is there supposed to be some sort of scuff plate or cover there,it seems strange as there are 2 alum or sheet metal cover plates on either side of this blank area? ( if so mine's missing )

anyone want to have a squiz under the rear of their Aurion for me?

Thanks in advance. :)

I have a scuff plate (or whatever) underneath there, but this secures on to the rear skirt. I believe that if you don't have the rear skirt, you won't have anywhere for the panel to attach to. This is what mine looks like underneath:

dsc03863.jpg

I do remember seeing something in the service manual that relates to this. It may be for the Camry, but the general idea is there:

bumperq.jpg

Yeah thanks for the quick response & pic Daryl,i was thinking the models with rear skirt might be different,i might need an ATX owner to have a look because i can see no other reason why ya would put 5 x 1.5 inch screws/bolts thru the well,it really looks like something should bolt up there.

Seriously though, according to the poll we have had 20 owners with an AT-X/Touring/Prodigy/Presara. All these models are the ones I would say don't have the 'floor board'. Is it that hard of an ask to have one of them just check underneath their boot for 1stKill, just to confirm his question? Come one, just go to your garage and then post back.

Seriously though, according to the poll we have had 20 owners with an AT-X/Touring/Prodigy/Presara. All these models are the ones I would say don't have the 'floor board'. Is it that hard of an ask to have one of them just check underneath their boot for 1stKill, just to confirm his question? Come one, just go to your garage and then post back.

GO Daryl you tell em :P

thanks mate,i wished you owned an ATX at times ;)

i went out and checked my atx and no it doesn't have one. I thought i remembered reading in the brochure that it was something to do with rear aerodynamics.

Check mine too, doesn't have one..

i went out and checked my atx and no it doesn't have one. I thought i remembered reading in the brochure that it was something to do with rear aerodynamics.

Thanks mate,yeah i'm at peace now ,just had me scratchin my head for a bit,can't go wrong with all you ATX owners having a squiz and it's the same as mine so nothing missing. B)

Thanks mate,yeah i'm at peace now ,just had me scratchin my head for a bit,can't go wrong with all you ATX owners having a squiz and it's the same as mine so nothing missing. B)

Don't worry too much, Aurion is a good car.. Just Love It.. btw .. you got a really awesome sound system in your car just looking at your signature..

Don't worry too much, Aurion is a good car.. Just Love It.. btw .. you got a really awesome sound system in your car just looking at your signature..

yeah thanks mate,this systems been a dream since i got the car and once the new amp for my sub goes in (3-4 weeks) it will be finished.

i gotta say i do love ya h/unit and the front splits,it should pump,and all ya need now is an amp for that sub and your finished. ;)

yeah thanks mate,this systems been a dream since i got the car and once the new amp for my sub goes in (3-4 weeks) it will be finished.

i gotta say i do love ya h/unit and the front splits,it should pump,and all ya need now is an amp for that sub and your finished. ;)

Yup.. actually intend to get a mono amp today, a second-hand JL Audio 500/1 from one of the forum members who wanted to sell it for slightly less than $400, he even offered to help me with the installation and re-tuning.. but since northfield did mine installation and tuning, doesn't really want to touch it now... going back to them to rewire and re-tuning the things will cost at least an additional $250 or so.. so decided not to change it at the time being.. might go for a PDX 1.1000 in a few months time..