[VIC] - Dyno Day - Melbourne July 09 Monthly Meet

20090719_DynoDay.jpg

Everyone and anyone is welcome! Details are above but this will co-incide with the Monthly Melb Meet as Simon's post below. If you would like to have your car Dyno-ed, please follow the instructions above and get in contact with Brandon. TOCAU will be attending as guests to GTCC merely for our monthly meet.

Hi Guys,

i got an email back from Brandon and its all good. He said a couple of TOCAU ppl had mentioned interest / registered to Dyno and he would group us together, he asked what time would suit and i mentioned 11-12 o'clock approx for TOCAU entrants sound ok?

this was his return email to me asking if we could also use his dyno day as our rekindling TOCAU monthly meets

Hi Simon,

Thank you mate.

New Mods excellent!

Yes two others have contacted me and also requested to be grouped together which is fine mate.

More the merrier, I think we will do the same as last time. BBQ/Drinks free for participants and a small fee for spectators.

There are a few interesting cars as tentative .. and I hope they become confirmed 

- C63 AMG Black Edition

- C63 Brabus Bullit Replica

- R35 GT-R

i emailed him saying thankyou and confirmed that it would prob be 5 entrants approx and maybe 20 TOCAU ppl spectators with cars parked down the street, as he said the more the merrier. But for his sake re. BBQ items i think we start a tally sheet with whether your attending and whether its a a spectator or Dyno Entrant.

PPL WANTING TO ACTUALLY GO ON DYNO NEED TO EMAIL BRANDON DIRECT, DONT JUST PUT NAME ON THE LIST

PLZ ONLY PUT NAME IF GOING TO BE THERE AND HAVE AT LEAST A SAUSAGE AS BRANDON WILL NEED TO GAUGE FOOD TO PURCHASE

GTCC DYNO DAY

(Name - Entrant / Spectator)

1. GUNI - Entrant

2. SIMON - Entrant

3. ALEX - Entrant

4. KENNY - Entrant

5. TASH - Spectator

6. BOWLER - Spectator

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 100% keen for this and it can count as our rekindling of our monthly meets.

Monthly meets were normally at end of every month, last sunday but maybe due to this event occuring one week prior we make an exception. I feel the June final sunday is a bit soon after most ppl comiting all of the past weekend to the national meet ?

So maybe for this once we bring it forward a week to coincide with the Dyno Day...location is not too bad either with ppl running their cars on the Dyno getting a free BBQ lunch and spectators only charged a small fee + plenty of time for chatting and we all get to watch some cars on the DYNO

*Guni maybe rehash title to read *VIC monthly meet / DYNO DAY for those who want to enter"

Sound ok VIC ppl ?

* i have emailed brandon to ensure he is ok with us attending...mentioned may be 15 + spectators who would park cars down the street out of the way....would contribute by buying a sausage in bread etc and stand around chatting etc....and maybe 5+ ppl may run their cars (email brandon). If he feels this may not work out i will pull this post down and it will really just be for those wanting to run on the dyno.

Cheers guys will keep posted

Edited by jaderd

yeah i figured now is as good a time as any to rekindle them as everyone met again and the force is strong lol......GUni posting up the Dyno day seems about right time frame to kick it back off....just need a confirmation email from brandon that he doesnt mind some spectators....sure it should be fine

I stopped orgaising them after everytime we had one a car got crashed... seems not much has changed haha.

i can keep organising monthly meets... o perhaps somone else can step up and take the reigns for a month or two... hope that the curse can be broken on the cruises that i organise.

yeah ill take over reigns for afew months andy....think you have put in 100,456,567 percent so far lol.

maybe a cycle 2 months per person on organising....this one doesnt have to count if it goes ahead as its no work lol

Simon, I won't mind re-hashing this topic if Brendon doesn't mind as I'm not too keen on just piggy backing on other clubs event without first knocking.

We can always organise one ourselves at the proper end of month. Just getting my sh!t organised.

Happy to do it as Ando would have pretty much burnt out.

Hahahhaha :lol:

Yeh, I think i'll be a spectator for this. Van might not be ready, and Nova might still need some tlc, haha

I stopped orgaising them after everytime we had one a car got crashed... seems not much has changed haha.

i can keep organising monthly meets... o perhaps somone else can step up and take the reigns for a month or two... hope that the curse can be broken on the cruises that i organise.

Yeh, although I think for cruises, a stricter rule structure needs to be in place. Just something I learnt from my cruises and the weekend, it seems that although it is fun to drive hard with people, we were too close. But hey, we do, we learn, we try again. Still a great cruise, so cheers Andy for the efforts

yeah guni wait on my email reply from brandon before we change topic title....hopefully he comes back to me today

Yeah no worries. I'm going for this. Paid and all.

Keen to head back and there and see how much I've done anyways.

I had my baseline done there. Keep me posted.

Yeh, although I think for cruises, a stricter rule structure needs to be in place

Agreed Andrew.

Problem is getting others to follow it.

Had a few "wannabe" cruise leaders that day. Confusing everyone including myself. But we all learnt, inlcuding me. ;)

Me too now that I'm back into modding the car. Had a little break after installing the coils last year in july

Yeh, I think i'll be a spectator for this. Van might not be ready, and Nova might still need some tlc, haha

Yeh, although I think for cruises, a stricter rule structure needs to be in place. Just something I learnt from my cruises and the weekend, it seems that although it is fun to drive hard with people, we were too close. But hey, we do, we learn, we try again. Still a great cruise, so cheers Andy for the efforts

seems as though all the people that do want to lead cruises sometimes need to be reigned in as well.

So while i understand its nice letting all the quick people go up the front... sometimes a cruise leader is doing more than just leading a pack of wild drivers around the side of a mountain, and more often they are keeping a safe pace for everyone. If you think they are going to slow, then hold back and speed up at your own leisure.

From my experience, letting the person who says "you're holding me back" lead the cruise, ends up a disaster. Ask the owner of the DC5R that crashed on the cruise to NooJee last year.

That's why I placed myself at the back of the 'fast pack' - I had plenty of space between those right up front and then the slower cars behind me, so I had a really good time pushing the Cam through the curves. I suppose it was more about people's driving ability on the day and road conditions, as was noted it was a little hard to tell in spots where there was oil on the road, puddles etc but I think overall it went well - it's always going to be hard to keep a sizeable pack contained.

I'd definitely be interested in a more regular Melbourne meet-up if a Camry is welcome amongst all the Rolla's hehehe Although being in Bendigo I dunno that I would make it every month. Dyno day sounds interesting, I've always wanted to see how one works.

That's why I placed myself at the back of the 'fast pack' - I had plenty of space between those right up front and then the slower cars behind me, so I had a really good time pushing the Cam through the curves. I suppose it was more about people's driving ability on the day and road conditions, as was noted it was a little hard to tell in spots where there was oil on the road, puddles etc but I think overall it went well - it's always going to be hard to keep a sizeable pack contained.

I'd definitely be interested in a more regular Melbourne meet-up if a Camry is welcome amongst all the Rolla's hehehe Although being in Bendigo I dunno that I would make it every month. Dyno day sounds interesting, I've always wanted to see how one works.

Meets are only once a month. No excuse to miss it now do we ??

Do come for the Dyno Day, the more the merrier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meets are only once a month. No excuse to miss it now do we ??

Do come for the Dyno Day, the more the merrier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahah well seeings I'm in cos it's a manual I better check out my schedule!! I hope I'd have no excuses to miss them :D Part of me is kind of interested to dyno the car, just to see if it is correct with what output is supposed to be and know a bit more about it, but dunno whether I'd be too embarrassed lol Reckon I'll just come down and suss it all out :)

Hahahah well seeings I'm in cos it's a manual I better check out my schedule!! I hope I'd have no excuses to miss them :D Part of me is kind of interested to dyno the car, just to see if it is correct with what output is supposed to be and know a bit more about it, but dunno whether I'd be too embarrassed lol Reckon I'll just come down and suss it all out :)

You better clear your schedule for sure!!!!

Its gonna be fun. Nothing to be shy about. I did my first dyno there stock too.

Gave me a base line reading.

Its fun. There'll be heaps of cars there.

Well count me in then! :D I would love to come down and check it all out, plus get another look at some of these cars. If he's still got some spots next week (pay day) then I reckon I might give this Dyno thing a try, $45 sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Hoping Brandon emails back saying there is still a spot for me :)

Wanna see what the car has gained since the last time i was there.

Hi Guys,

i got an email back from Brandon and its all good. He said a couple of TOCAU ppl had mentioned interest / registered to Dyno and he would group us together, he asked what time would suit and i mentioned 11-12 o'clock approx for TOCAU entrants sound ok?

this was his return email to me asking if we could also use his dyno day as our rekindling TOCAU monthly meets

Hi Simon,

Thank you mate.

New Mods excellent!

Yes two others have contacted me and also requested to be grouped together which is fine mate.

More the merrier, I think we will do the same as last time. BBQ/Drinks free for participants and a small fee for spectators.

There are a few interesting cars as tentative .. and I hope they become confirmed 

- C63 AMG Black Edition

- C63 Brabus Bullit Replica

- R35 GT-R

i emailed him saying thankyou and confirmed that it would prob be 5 entrants approx and maybe 20 TOCAU ppl spectators with cars parked down the street, as he said the more the merrier. But for his sake re. BBQ items i think we start a tally sheet with whether your attending and whether its a a spectator or Dyno Entrant.

PPL WANTING TO ACTUALLY GO ON DYNO NEED TO EMAIL BRANDON DIRECT, DONT JUST PUT NAME ON THE LIST

PLZ ONLY PUT NAME IF GOING TO BE THERE AND HAVE AT LEAST A SAUSAGE AS BRANDON WILL NEED TO GAUGE FOOD TO PURCHASE

GTCC DYNO DAY

(Name - Entrant / Spectator)

1. GUNI - Entrant

2. SIMON - Entrant

3. ALEX - Entrant

4. KENNY - Entrant

5. TASH - Spectator

6. BOWLER - Spectator

Edited by jaderd