Thai Corolla Altis now with Dual VVT-i

altis20tp.jpg

Will the Aussie market Corolla get this engine?

Maybe Toyota Australia could source out the sedans from Thailand, similar to what Honda did few years ago (Sedan from Thailand, hatch from Japan.).

A write up I did on it;

Launched at ‘The Style by Toyota Edutainment Center’ at the begging of May, the Corolla Altis gets 3 new new grades and a new engine option for the Thai market.

First introduced in January last year, strong response was received with sales of 37,000 units in Thailand (As of April 30, 2009). As a response to the growing demands of Toyota customers, the company introduced the new Corolla Altis 2.0L with Dual VVT-i.

Main highlight of the Corolla Altis 2.0 is the new 3ZR-FE engine with Dual VVT-i, mated to a 4 speed Automatic transmission with sequential shift mode and steering wheel shift paddles. The 2.0 3ZR-FE engine produces 141PS @ 5,500 R.P.M. and 189Nm of torque @ 4,400 R.P.M. The 16. & 1.8 models still get the same 3ZZ-FE & 1ZZ-FE engines unchanged.

On the outside, the 2.0V NAVI & 2.0V grades get an Aerokit, consisting of, sports mesh grille, front skirting, side skirting, rear skirting and trunk spoiler. Other new features include HID headlights with Auto-leveling (2.0V/ 2.0V NAVI) and Automatic wipers (2.0V/ 2.0V NAVI). Exclusive to the 2.0 models is the choice of White Pearl as an exterior color. The rest of the range remain unchaged cosmetically.

Inside, The Corolla Altis gets a 3 spoke steering wheel (2.0 models.) with steerring wheel shift paddles (2.0V/ 2.0V NAVI), Smart Entry & Push-Start (2.0V/ 2.0V NAVI), 8 way Powered Driver’s seat(2.0V/ 2.0V NAVI), Rear sunshade (2.0V/ 2.0V NAVI) and six speaker sound system with DVD/VCD/ CD/MP3/ WMA/ Bluetooth capability, Navigation and Reversing Camera (2.0V NAVI).

Some bad news for the rest of the range, as the 2.0V is now the flagship, the 1.8G grade loses HID headlights with manual levelers, 8 way powered driver’s seat, 1CD MP3/ WMA capable 4 speaker sound system in place of the 6 speaker items & VSC+TCS. So for those who want those features (Plus a couple of extras.) will have to spend more and get the 2.0V or 2.0V Navi.

Minisite-> http://www.toyota.co.th/altis2_0/

TV Ad->

Walkaround-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvr2EBJeZo

Edited by ToyotaFreak