Black Wheels With Red Lips

Ingres

Decided to start a new thread since i posted in the wrong thread..

Been looking around for wheels for awhile, nothing really catch my eyes so intend to change wheels when my tyres wear out... that is until i saw RickyZR6's car with wicked black wheels + red lips.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&id=7722

6.jpg

Really like the combination, it really sits well with a red or a black car.. so decided its about time i start doing some research...

Sadly not much luck finding those Lenso 19" Wheels in Brisbane (anyone who knows where to find them in Brisbane, PLEASE TELL ME)..

Only manage to find these,

Advanti Tenzo (18")

avanti_tenzo_black_popup.jpg

Konig Zero (18")

Zero.jpg

Lavinhard - Fin7 (18")

Fin7Black.jpg

Initial D Drift (19")

DL%2035a%20bk_Thumb.jpg

Konig - Hotswap (20")

hotswap_mirror_red_00_Thumb.jpg

Lenso Type M wheels are available in "7 Days Tyres and Wheels" and "Tempe Tyres" (suggested by 1stkill) but they are both not in Brisbane.. would prefer getting from Brisbane but if can't find anything good then perhaps i will order from Sydney (as 1stkill says "try not to limit yourself to Brisbane")

Daryl recommended that i go for 19" or 20" and not 18", so i might go hunting a little longer before making any decision... not sure whether the Initial D wheels will look nice, still prefer something similar to Advanti, Konig or Lenso design.. anyone with good photoshop skill can photoshop the Initial D design onto a Red Aurion?? Don't think the Konig Hotswap 20" will look nice though..

Any advise or opinions will be very much appreciated..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious as to why you're limiting yourself to only brisbane???

if it HAS to be brissie, go check out ozzy tyres...

I am not good with cars, so would prefer to get them closer so if there is any problems it would be easier, but this time round, i would seriously consider getting them from Sydney if i don't find what i like in Brisbane.. also awaiting replies from the two store in Sydney about the price of the wheels..

Damn, look what you've done. Now I really want the Initial D Drift wheels for mine.

Will they look nice? Come On Daryl, lets buy it together, then yours will be smoking HOT!!!....hahaha ;)

I run something similar on my Aurion, picked up a set of 18's for $1300 with rubber off ebay, while they aren't 'name brand' I think they look pretty good despite being an inch too small for the car. :)

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=20056

Which ebay store did you buy it from? They look awesome, just like the combination..

i wanna get the 17' for my Yaris...

since 16's sportivo rims and the tyres for 16s would be exxy anyway right?

Go for the Advanti Tenzo if you want 17", they got two models available in 17", they are smoking hot.. too bad their biggest is 18"...

Have anyone heard anything about Stylish Wheels which is located at Moss St, Slacks Creek in Brisbane (Opposite Jax Quickfit Slacks Creek). They have the 19" Lenso Wheels in stock, but people from Jax QuickFit and Bridgestone Centre in Slacks Creek ask me to stay away, apparently quite bad jobs in fixing the wheels and lowering the cars. Any friend's friend have done anything over there.. Also what about Ozzy Tyres in Brisbane, are they any good?

Have anyone heard anything about Stylish Wheels which is located at Moss St, Slacks Creek in Brisbane (Opposite Jax Quickfit Slacks Creek). They have the 19" Lenso Wheels in stock, but people from Jax QuickFit and Bridgestone Centre in Slacks Creek ask me to stay away, apparently quite bad jobs in fixing the wheels and lowering the cars. Any friend's friend have done anything over there.. Also what about Ozzy Tyres in Brisbane, are they any good?

I can't believe a tyre/wheel supplier would tell you to stay away from a competitor. How unusual......

The lenso's look ace, my second favourite would be the Advanti Tenzo :)

Good luck with your search.

Edited by Moto

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/ST-GEORGE-T...E__W0QQ_armrsZ1

They ship at reasonable cost too... Only suggestion I have is to get them balanced after you get them, they do a terrible job of that.

too true mate....i always have badluck with my wheels/tyres being balanced....although this last set feels great *touch wood*

and no dealer knows what i mean when i ask can you balance the proper way

e.g balance rim on its own find any heavy spot (if there is), mark spot, add tyre, balance, find heavy spot on tyre and oppose to heavy spot on rim, then balance again and this should mean that you need the min possible weight to be added as hopefully the wheel and tyre oppose each other and balance out.....now i think thats correct...cant remember now lol....gf's dad used to own a tyre shop and do it this way for clients he liked lol

at moment my four rims/ tyres have a range of weights, from one with 75g near outside of rim (not licp on stil stuck on etc), two with a small 15g approx on inside lip of rim and one with 45 grams on outside of rim (stick on)....WTF...it feels balanced but geez seems rediculous i reckon

Lug-Centric

A hub and wheel design in which the wheel is centered by the lug nuts/bolts themselves, often with clearance between the center of the hub and the cut out in the wheel. Toyota wheels are lug-centric and as such require a special lug-centric fixture to be properly balanced on a cone-type balancing machine, as the wheel center hole may not be exactly centered on the lug center point.

Lug-centricity

The alternative to a hub-centric wheel is known as lug-centric.

The wheels are located solely by the lug nuts rather than

the wheel hub.

As the lug nuts are tightened, they adjust the wheel's position relative to the hub, thus centering the wheel.

Properly torqued, the lug nuts continue to keep the wheel centered as the vehicle is driven.

Lug-centric wheels require extra care in mounting on a vehicle. When using shouldered nuts instead of tapered nuts, take extra care to properly locate the wheel. Never use air tools to install high performance wheels! Always use a torque wrench and follow accepted tightening procedures

I took my rims off and on last night and ensured hub rings fitted properly and tightened opposing bolts properly etc...feels better then it did....maybe they werent careful at all in shop...and even with hub ring was a little off ?

I wonder if places have the special lug centric fixture ? ive never noticed them do any different to other makes rims when standing around

Edited by jaderd

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/ST-GEORGE-T...E__W0QQ_armrsZ1

They ship at reasonable cost too... Only suggestion I have is to get them balanced after you get them, they do a terrible job of that.

and no dealer knows what i mean when i ask can you balance the proper way

e.g balance rim on its own find any heavy spot (if there is), mark spot, add tyre, balance, find heavy spot on tyre and oppose to heavy spot on rim, then balance again and this should mean that you need the min possible weight to be added as hopefully the wheel and tyre oppose each other and balance out.....now i think thats correct...cant remember now lol....gf's dad used to own a tyre shop and do it this way for clients he liked lol

at moment my four rims/ tyres have a range of weights, from one with 75g near outside of rim (not licp on stil stuck on etc), two with a small 15g approx on inside lip of rim and one with 45 grams on outside of rim (stick on)....WTF...it feels balanced but geez seems rediculous i reckon

Lug-Centric

A hub and wheel design in which the wheel is centered by the lug nuts/bolts themselves, often with clearance between the center of the hub and the cut out in the wheel. Toyota wheels are lug-centric and as such require a special lug-centric fixture to be properly balanced on a cone-type balancing machine, as the wheel center hole may not be exactly centered on the lug center point.

Lug-centricity

The alternative to a hub-centric wheel is known as lug-centric.

The wheels are located solely by the lug nuts rather than

the wheel hub.

As the lug nuts are tightened, they adjust the wheel's position relative to the hub, thus centering the wheel.

Properly torqued, the lug nuts continue to keep the wheel centered as the vehicle is driven.

Lug-centric wheels require extra care in mounting on a vehicle. When using shouldered nuts instead of tapered nuts, take extra care to properly locate the wheel. Never use air tools to install high performance wheels! Always use a torque wrench and follow accepted tightening procedures

I took my rims off and on last night and ensured hub rings fitted properly and tightened opposing bolts properly etc...feels better then it did....maybe they werent careful at all in shop...and even with hub ring was a little off ?

I wonder if places have the special lug centric fixture ? ive never noticed them do any different to other makes rims when standing around

That's right mate. Heavy part of wheel should be opposed to heavy side of tyre, then spin again to check balance.

Most dealerships / service dept don't do wheel balance and alignments, the ones that do don't know this method. You are better off going to Bob Jane or Jax and have them do the job. When I was running a Bob Jane we did all the work for dealerships like Ford, Toyota, Merc, Jag, BMW and more.

Awwwww...

I guess i should pay Cameron a visit @ Bobjane Springwood/Underwood...?

really wanna get a 17's shoe for me Yaris... ;)

Shoe Hunting together? hahaha ..

shoe hunting.............sound like hobbits with big feet or something lol

will the mexicans keep shush lol... :P

Ingres---> i havent decide when i will go there lol... since tomorrow im planning to try that 'Ding King' on my Aurion to try get rid of those dings, very keen to get my fiancée to approve my very early b'day pressie though lol.

looking at next sat?

will the mexicans keep shush lol... :P

Ingres---> i havent decide when i will go there lol... since tomorrow im planning to try that 'Ding King' on my Aurion to try get rid of those dings, very keen to get my fiancée to approve my very early b'day pressie though lol.

looking at next sat?

Looks good.. almost bought the wheels today, but decide to be patient and search a little longer to be sure.. i have PM you my contacts.. just let me know earlier and we can go shoe shopping hahaha..