Headlights

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at upgrading the headlights on my '96 Paseo.

i dont know if anyone else has noticed this...may just be my car, but the headlights on the paseos dont have a very good light output.

at the moment i'm running your standard 60/55W xenon blue halogens. they are better than my previous bulbs. but still quite poor as i do a fair amount of highway driving and they just dont light up the road nearly as much as other cars i have driven and seen.

anyway, i was thinking of upgrading to HIDs, now i know they are illegal, but so it putting higher wattage bulbs in.

i was going to go with a set of hella 181s but i need improved low beams before i worry about my highs.

this is the kit i was looking at getting: http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon-a...dlx-35watt-kit/ but the 6000K version, blue ones would be nice, but getting white ones should draw less unwanted attention.

would they work well on a car like mine or would i be better off going with higher wattage bulbs(say 100/90W)?

oh and anyone who has put in and is using an after market HID kit, opinions/ tips would be great.

thanks,

Martin

Edited by mart3y

Grab a basic 35w HID kit in 6000k off eBay, whack it in and bobs your uncle. Try to get a H4 high-low kit as you still have your high beams then - I think mine cost me about $150 delivered.

This is what I have in my car and the light output has improved IMMENSELY.

Grab a basic 35w HID kit in 6000k off eBay, whack it in and bobs your uncle. Try to get a H4 high-low kit as you still have your high beams then - I think mine cost me about $150 delivered.

thanks for that, is it a fairly easy install, i'm told it is, but how do you think someone who doesnt know what they are doing would go?

thanks for that, is it a fairly easy install, i'm told it is, but how do you think someone who doesnt know what they are doing would go?

It's all basically plug and go, all you have to do is match the male and female terminals up and that's the wiring taken care of. I can install one in under half an hour, so I doubt it would take somebody who doesn't know what they are doing more than an hour.

mate get a 4300k hi/low kit...

it has the best light output in terms of lumen and oem looks, it will be pretty much plug and play all you need is an hour or so if you havent installed one before...

i assume paseo uses H4 bulbs so H4 hi/low HID kit can be had cheaply from ebay and it will be make in china, i got 2 kits in my Yaris and Aurion havent given me any problems yet and it has been more than 1 year already...

if you can get a aftermarket foglights to fit in too, it helps to light up the curbs around and it does make a difference when driving without any street lights at all...