What is this?

I was looking in my boot today and noticed a) I don't have a boot light and B) a plug with + and -

Does any one know what this is for? Is it the connection for a boot light?

100_0764.jpg

And here is a closer pic

100_0765.jpg

I was looking in my boot today and noticed a) I don't have a boot light and B) a plug with + and -

Well I can confirm that my SX6 does have a boot light that comes on when the boot's opened, the light is identical to yours, so I am guessing if your lights not working that plug not connected is possibly the cause?

hmmm...

is ur car 2nd hand?

they probably modded the boot light and didnt plug back the connectors when they are done with it lol...

if its a new car then they just didnt plug it in... lol dodgy! lol

It's a 2nd hand TRD from Toyota. Not owned by anyone before me. Ex Toyota demo / Executives car.

I just went and had another look, pulled the light out and re connected it. Woo hoo, I have light in my boot now. I wonder why it was unplugged?

Edited by Kia Kaha

It's a 2nd hand TRD from Toyota. Not owned by anyone before me. Ex Toyota demo / Executives car.

I just went and had another look, pulled the light out and re connected it. Woo hoo, I have light in my boot now. I wonder why it was unplugged?

How strange.... I also bought an ex-demo TRD not long ago and it was the same! I didn't say anything to the dealer... just thought it was weird there was no light one night when opening the boot (of course you don't see these things when you buy the car during the day)... had a look underneath and noticed the plug like yours and re-connected it the same as you did!!

mine was disconnected too and mines a sx6 demo

i came to the conclusion that the dealer may have done it while the car may have been on display somewhere or in the showroom as they have the bonnets and boots open and fairbit so it would ot drain the battery over a day.

cheers

stewy

mine was disconnected too and mines a sx6 demo

i came to the conclusion that the dealer may have done it while the car may have been on display somewhere or in the showroom as they have the bonnets and boots open and fairbit so it would ot drain the battery over a day.

cheers

stewy

that makes sense!

100_0764.jpg

And here is a closer pic

100_0765.jpg

hi!!i am watt from malaysia i am looking for the front grill of the toyota aurion sportivo do u hv any information or where to buy the front grill u cn e-mail me at djwatt316@yahoo.com thanks!!!!!

They generally turn off interior lights so they can open doors etc on the lot so the battery does not go flat. The keep doors open expecially on hot summer days so when someone comes to see it it's not scorching hot. Trouble is you cannot turn off the boot light so you need to disconnet it . . . . there's your reason right there.