wire colours

G'day everyone,

I am replacing the 02 sensor on the wife's car which is a 98 corolla seca hatch the sensor I bought is a universal one, and I need to join the 2 signal wires together. The wires on the car, one is blue and the other is white, so one of the wires goes to the ecu and the other is the earth, can you tell me which wire is which?

I have looked in the manual but there is no info on it. Have also done a bit of a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help

cheers

whiskers

what !! no one can help cause I really need it.

cheers

edit today at 2.57pm 8 June 2009

I just had another look at the sensor wires the ones I described above are from the sensor itself, they join up to the main wires via a connector and the wires coming out of that are 1 black and 1 brown now could anyone tell me which is the earth or the ECU wire?

cheers

whiskers

Edited by whiskers

edit today at 2.57pm 8 June 2009

I just had another look at the sensor wires the ones I described above are from the sensor itself, they join up to the main wires via a connector and the wires coming out of that are 1 black and 1 brown now could anyone tell me which is the earth or the ECU wire?

cheers

whiskers

Since you said '98, I assume you have an AE101/102.

According to the EWG (Electronic Wiring Diagram) from the Gregorys workshop manual, the wires coming from the oxygen sensor (O2 sensor) should be black and brown (B and N codes on the diagram). The brown wire goes to ground, the black wire goes to the OX pin on the ECU plug and the OX1 terminal on the diagnostics connector.

WD2FuelandenginemanagementALL.jpg

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Since you said '98, I assume you have an AE101/102.

According to the EWG (Electronic Wiring Diagram) from the Gregorys workshop manual, the wires coming from the oxygen sensor (O2 sensor) should be black and brown (B and N codes on the diagram). The brown wire goes to ground, the black wire goes to the OX pin on the ECU plug and the OX1 terminal on the diagnostics connector.

WD2FuelandenginemanagementALL.jpg

thanks for the info and yes its a AE102 this has helped out a lot, I went and asked the local Toyota service department about this and was told there is no way that they would know which wire goes where cause they don't trace them out. A bit slack if you ask me.

again thanks for the info

cheers

Wahiskers