Anyone here got a boot liner for their aurion?

stedyedy

I'm looking for one like this but made of rubber. A mate has one of the ones on ebay but they are sort of a hard plastic and everything slips around like it is on ice.... the original boot material has better grip. They definately make it easier to clean the boot and protect from spils etc but you have to make sure everything is anchored well.

Will keep looking for a rubber version.

I have the original one from Toyota it's awesome for the simple fact that I can put any thing in the boot with out worry, the fit is perfect it's got high side walls so dirt stays within it I'll take a pic if you like?

I'm looking for one like this but made of rubber. A mate has one of the ones on ebay but they are sort of a hard plastic and everything slips around like it is on ice.... the original boot material has better grip. They definately make it easier to clean the boot and protect from spils etc but you have to make sure everything is anchored well.

Will keep looking for a rubber version.

The Material is a smooth plastic flexible it's slippery

Edited by zr6_user

The original toyota boot liner material is exactly the same as the ebay ones... the original toyota one just costs more. I had a look at one a few weeks back and I think the pattern was also identical.. just had the toyota logo. The toyota ones are also very slippery, other than that they are great.

The original toyota boot liner material is exactly the same as the ebay ones... the original toyota one just costs more. I had a look at one a few weeks back and I think the pattern was also identical.. just had the toyota logo. The toyota ones are also very slippery, other than that they are great.

Hmm, in this case the ebay one cost more than the Toyota's, went to Southside Toyota today and got a quote for certain items, the bootliner for Aurion cost $93.63 while the ebay one cost $114.

Maybe ya can get one made,try a local auto/motor trimmer and stipulate what material (ie rubber or some grippy surface) and size and see what ya come up with...

i've had some great little things made up over the years by motor trimmers,including just recently my fake backing in my boot to hide my audio,worked out great... :)

I got the toyota plastic one, its great for stuff that can spill and is easy to clean out. I would have prefered a rubber one, my dad has one in his Kluger and its fantastic, no slip and slide.

Hmm, in this case the ebay one cost more than the Toyota's, went to Southside Toyota today and got a quote for certain items, the bootliner for Aurion cost $93.63 while the ebay one cost $114.

I just informed my mate that he got ripped off! :-) He wasn't too happy... said the dealer charged him $160 for it.

I made a rubber liner for my Hilux using the thick rubber matting available from Clark Rubber. Expensive (and heavy) stuff but well worth it.... i'm thinking of heading back there to get a similar rubber (thinner) for the Aurion. Apparently they have boot kits and also known sizes/shapes for many vehicles so they can custom cut.... will see how I go. For the Aurion though I would really prefer something that has an edge lip so may just keep an eye out - a rubber one is sure to be available eventually!

Dan.

cheers, thanks for the replies,

wow i can't believe the Toyota dealer is cheaper, doesn't seem to make any sense, o well I'll be giving them a call tomorrow

I still have the quote from Southside Toyota, if the one you ask is more expensive then u can just show the quotation to them.. i will scan it later and post it here if it helps..

i just gave the dealer a call they said $101.10, but then they said they will match your price

If you manage to get them to match that $93.63 including GST... good work. That $93.63 amount is excluding GST if they match it while including GST, you'll have saved a further $10.

i just gave the dealer a call they said $101.10, but then they said they will match your price

If you manage to get them to match that $93.63 including GST... good work. That $93.63 amount is excluding GST if they match it while including GST, you'll have saved a further $10.

Hahah i didn't notice the GST portion of it, my bad.. Sorry.. but its good that you can get it at the price..

what a great, price,

wouldn't happen to have the receipt by any chance?

Cheers

Hahaha.. isn't it great to have a forum and everybody is contributing to a lower price.. just keep getting better.. hahah..

I got mine from Lander Toyota Blacktown NSW, it was $88.60 including GST.

A bit off topic but.... How do you find Lander Blacktown (the dealer, not the spare parts in Prospect)?

I'm finding they don't return calls and if they do it takes a very long time. I think they need to review how their reception works and how they pass messages on.