Piston offset

austravel

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me out. I believe the camry engine 2AZ-FE has a 10 degree cylinder offset to the crank, please confirm.

I also understand that it's quite likely that the piston has an offset as well. However I can't find anyone who can confirm this and tell me how much the offset is.

It's important that I know both offset amounts, not just that they do have an offset. My local Toyota dealership doesn't seem to be able to help.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

i know for a fact that the crankshaft position sensor reads every 10 degrees of crank rotation in relevance to the missing teeth on the timing rotor to determine TDC, so that may indicate the exact offset of the cylinder to the crank,.

i think the information youre looking for could only be definitively answered from one of the toyota engineers at their head office, or the like.

sorry i cant help you out with 100% certainty

out of curiosity, how come you need such precise info?

We have this engine on a test bed (dyno) and some of the software requires this level of input. Not the dyno output but for the indicated power (IP) and MEP. So it's critical I get the info but as above local toyota guys can't help. They sent a request in to there technical help group months ago but still no response.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me out. I believe the camry engine 2AZ-FE has a 10 degree cylinder offset to the crank, please confirm.

I also understand that it's quite likely that the piston has an offset as well. However I can't find anyone who can confirm this and tell me how much the offset is.

It's important that I know both offset amounts, not just that they do have an offset. My local Toyota dealership doesn't seem to be able to help.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

How do you mean 10 _degree_ offset to the crank? As in the whole engine is leaning over at 10 degrees? Or do you mean it has an offset crank, that would be measured in mm not degrees.

How do you mean 10 _degree_ offset to the crank? As in the whole engine is leaning over at 10 degrees? Or do you mean it has an offset crank, that would be measured in mm not degrees.

Yes I believe you are right. I've seen it stated both ways but 10mm makes more sense.

Yes I believe you are right. I've seen it stated both ways but 10mm makes more sense.

A 10 degree canted engine will still have the cylinders in line with the crank though, thus I don't think would make much difference for MEP calculations etc.....an offset-crank though (where the plane of the cylinders does not pass through the axis of the crank) would make some difference due to the different nature of the piston velocity