[QLD] EOI ONLY

:idea::idea::idea:

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to get a 'show of hands' so to speak on who would be interested in attending a Skid Pan/Driver Training Day.

I would need to confirm dates and costs with the venue/training provider of course.

So, right now I'm thinking about organising it so we can go to the Mt Cotton Driver Training but I also know there's one at Gympie. Not sure what the general opinion is of driving that far though.

But before I do anything I'd need to know how many people are actually keen to be involved, but I've been to one at the Gympie skid pan day before and the participants paid about $100 each. I've just looked on a couple of websites and for an individual to go independantly through a training provider you'd be looking at $200. But I'm sure if we had a big enough group the price wouldn't be that high.

So, let me know if your interested and then when I've got minimum of 15 people I'll make some calls. I know 15 sounds like a lot but with these events usually the best group size is 10 (for price and comfort on the day etc). And also taking into account dates and prices might not suit all after they are confirmed and some will pull out, I figure 15's a good number to aim for to get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

Julez

PS - If I've forgotten anything or if anyone has any other ideas etc please make a mention as I don't bite. Just thought it was something different and fun we could all get involved in!!

Edited by ROL14

yep, id be in for sure...

just a thought though, the mt cotton one has a db restriction on exhaust, no?

last time i heard, the gympie one had no restriction...

Yeah, I'm sure I remember hearing something about that too with Mt Cotton, so that's something I'll check.

@ELEGNT - So, are you a no then?? lol

Can i add my interest? I am still technically on my P's but it won't be long before i am off them...

Would i be able to partake in this? It seems like an excellent idea :D

Evo

I have to know, is this using our own cars, or the cars there?

I am not too keen on doing driver training in my own car lol :P

Evo

Can i add my interest? I am still technically on my P's but it won't be long before i am off them...

Would i be able to partake in this? It seems like an excellent idea :D

Evo

Last time I went to the gympie skid pan the instructor told us no P platers would be aloud. So we took off our P plates after turning off the main road, onto his private property.

I would say that you would be using your own car.

... So your not too keen on learning how your car handles, yet you want to strap a blower onto it. <shakes head>

evo7: the whole idea is so you get used to driving YOUR car to ITS limits...

no point driving someone elses car to the limits cause your's will be completely different...

i have NEVER heard of someone crashing.... its on a skid pan, with a massive amount of grass around it...

I would say that you would be using your own car.

... So your not too keen on learning how your car handles, yet you want to strap a blower onto it. <shakes head>

Yes, i just dont wanna break it... but finding how it handles would be really good :D

Evo

Yes, i just dont wanna break it...

it looks like
everyone
Evan
is being
SOFT
<_<

Alright im in... and im not soft <_< when is it?

Evo

As whitestivo is the only car in our household, put me down for one

evo7, i was shaking my head going down this forum.

the time will come when you are pushed to your limit due to somebody else, a mistake on your behalf, it will come, and when it does, you need to react the right way. this will help you enormously.

i can't tell you how much i learnt about braking, smoothness, wathcing for others, gear ratios from the track that i can apply to driving, and do all the time

whitestivo

I am still technically on my P's... Would i be able to partake in this?
I'm pretty sure you would be able to, but I will note that down and enquirer for you ;)

The main idea is to partake in your own car. Each and every car and set up is different and the idea is to learn what your car does in different situations and learn the steps to being safer when things go pearshaped, and its not 'if', its 'WHEN'!!
Yes, i just dont wanna break it... but finding how it handles would be really good :D
I doubt very much that you will break it. Its only a massive area of concrete and water... You generally don't reach high enough speeds to slide too far anyways.

Thanks for your interest guys, I've posted this on rollaclub and twincam just to make some number up, so I've got a few people interested now, I'll start making calls this week and getting some information and prices and dates etc for you all!!

Questions Folks: Would you prefer a Saturday or Sunday??? (If we have a choice)

Edited by ROL14

Sunday if it's the Gympie one.... Because I've heard they let us use the skid pad from 8 till 4....

I don't know about the Mt Cotton one... But I have to go to tennis on Saturday arvos.....

After looking at google maps..... It's like a super long drive for me to Gympie.... Since I'm in Brisbane... But I know most people on here are from Brisbane... So we can make it a cruise event + driver skill training + skid pan fun day :)