What did you do to your car today?

A broke my scan gauge mount while pulling apart my dash. Then I tried to fix it by spending quite some time sanding it and sparying only to **** it up again... So i put it on the ground then stomped on it. Good bye *******... Hello normal plastic spacer..

baaaah. ****** off.

Ouch. After all that hard work as well. Maybe time for an alternative mount.

That was my original thought but I bought a touch screen head unit to distract me instead.

Finished cutting and polishing the roof on the 102 yesterday, today will be the doors and front guards, tomorrow the bonnet and front bumper.

Today will also be hunting around for tyres for the ST162, 215/40/17 doesn't seem to be a "cheap" size though (just need two fronts to get us through for a couple more months)

Left her at work parked in the workshop :( ...drove the work Holden Rodeo ute home,i need the big extention ladder for some roof work at home and there was no way this big azz ladder was going anywhere near my baby.

Well, I had a day off and it was pretty much used on the car.

Firstly I took of the front callipers, cleaned them and the pads, and put some 'CRC Disc Brake Quiet' on the rears of the pads. Let it all set and put it back together.

Then I changed my A/C pollen filter (once again left it for 5,000km too long and was quite dirty, photo below), then cleaned her up really well inside.

Then degreased and hosed out the engine bay. Was quite a bit of dust in there from the last week. All nice and shiny again.

Drove her to the car wash. No more brake squeal so I was relieved. Washed her really well (avoided touching the brakes with the water). Noticed on te drive home that the squeal is once again there. About 50% of it though, so I guess I should be happy.

Then did all the final details here at home.

And the dirty filter:

dsc05238g.jpg

Sportivo update:

The car is in today for it's 85k service. I gave them a big list of keepmehappy instructions.

So fingers crossed they look after my baby and it comes back better than before. :P

Gav.

Well, the carnts farked arp my service! Didn't do radiator coolant flush/replace with supplied coolant. Didn't tighten rear engine mount. Didn't use my supplied engine oil and filter, and charged me to use their own. At least they put tyre blackener on, otherwise I could accuse them of doing nothing! So once again, have to do it myself or doesn't happen right or at all...

Gav.

Well, managed to get _nothing_ done on the AE102 today, running out of time before Toyotafest but should get it all done as long as the weather goes my way tomorrow and Sunday. Instead, spent the morning ringing aroud tyre shops to get some fronts for the ST162, found a decent set for a decent price only to find out when I dropped them off that the front left had buckled (which would explain the leak), hopefully the new tyres (still sitting in my boot at the moment) will seal better than the rock-hard 6-year-old Eagle F1s and the tyre won't leak too much, otherwise it'll be sent off to _hopefully_ get re-rolled. Don't like my chances of getting a single 5x100 17" Momo Twin if this one can't be repaired though....

Just wash, waxed and deodorized the Aurion. The previous owners was a smoker, I just can't get rid of that smell.

If you know anyone in the hotel industry, see if you can get a hold of one of their ozone generators. They usually have quite a few, most hotels would have at least one per floor, and sit this in your car for an hour.

Depending on how serious it is, you can get rid of the smell after 1 hour or a few.

Woohoo, managed to get the 102 wheels polished today, along with cutting and polishing the right doors and front guard, leaving the bonnet, front bar and left doors for tomorrow, along with giving the engine bay a bit of a spruce-up. Here's hoping the rain holds off