What did you do to your car today?

Done oil change,replace front valve cover gasket, fix leaking power steering line hose, replace o2 sensor 4 days ago. Today fill up air to proper pressure on 4 wheels and replace tyre valve on the spare tyre and fill air and finally cleaning and vacuuming of the interior in preparation for the trip to Sydney (Brisbane-Sydney-Canberra vice versa) tomorrow morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Battery finally died. It was dying on me anyway. Would take a few cracks to start after not using the car for an hour or so. When I finally installed my new dash cam to the Aurion and while fiddling around and using only battery power, went to start the car and she didn't crack over.

Went supercheap and got me a ultra hi performance century battery for about $180. The car starts instantly now :).

On another note, I haven't washed my car since almost the start of winter. It's really really depressing :(. I'm thinking of waiting until summer and get a pro detailer to give it a full day make over. Heard some good reviews of some guys over on Whirlpool forums.

do not wash the car....

Installed a Tom's ultra light weight flywheel 7.9lbs according to my kitchen scales and a Exedy HD clutch kit at home in the driveway what a mission.

Can't wait to test drive it. Dropped a bit of gear box oil so have wait till tomorrow when I can fill it up.

Edited by Reliable

do not wash the car....

Installed a Tom's ultra light weight flywheel 7.9lbs according to my kitchen scales and a Exedy HD clutch kit at home in the driveway what a mission.

Can't wait to test drive it. Dropped a bit of gear box oil so have wait till tomorrow when I can fill it up.

Replaced the gearbox oil, took it for a drive.

Wheels broke loose in 2nd when hitting lift, went from 6000rpm to 8000rpm in a split second = Big smile on my face. Now driving gently to breakin in new parts like I really should.

Just need an deacent exhuast to really maximize.

Replaced the glow plugs, old ones didn't look too bad but the style of them makes me think they were the originals (I'm at 180k)

Engine seems to start easier now, but gets to operating temperature a lot quicker! Shame as I've been suffering cold early morning drives without a heater for longer than I should have

my Toyota Camry Conquest got 4 new Fusion speakers, went to Repco and knew what I was after, spent $135 and spent the full sunday fitting them. Damm toyota dont make it an easy job, but i persisted and 5 hours later and rear parcel shelf and door trim back on the moment came to try it. I must mention the previous owner spent the dollars on a Pioneer DVD Dinn unit head unit but stopped there (LOL what a bonus to me), the after results were awsome, great sound range and bass (compared to factory speakers) I am very happy.

Wednesday its down to pedders Suspension to fit the new struts i got (thanks to a toyota member) new springs, bushes etc after that cant wait, hopefully a whole new ride fell for me old Conquest.

Just installed some 16inch rims on my camry vienta. went from 205/65/15 to 215/55/16.. The steering feels so much better at >100kmh now. The old wheels were either unbalanced, or really crap.. :D

I got my toyota radio working, worked out the code was the last three numbers of the vin number of the 4X4. Fixed the head lights and got the spotlights working. I've been a busy boy.

• 2 weeks later...

Rewired all the new dash switches for Idle Up, Stereo, Spotlights etc as it was pretty dodgy before (jumper cables everywhere), including a new set of "relay holders" in the engine bay rather than just having a few random relays screwed to the shell all over the place. Actually came out looking factory

Also got the rear facing work lights mounted and about half the power cabling done - shame though in order to make them legal they have to be wired so that either a) they can only be switched on from outside the ute or B) cannot be switched on while the engine is running

Got a wheel alignment on the TRD. The first one it has had in 4 years / 150,000km. Had a couple of adjustments to the default and it certainly drives a little sharper now. Definitely not placebo, I'm sure of it.

I should probably get a balance/alignment done, I'm sure the engine isn't totally responsible for how she shakes about

Wired up the work lights this afternoon and set to siliconing up some external joins on the tray to neaten the whole thing up. Unfortunately it was dark when I was doing that so hopefully when I see it tomorrow morning it doesn't look like I've made a huge mess of things

Got a wheel alignment on the TRD. The first one it has had in 4 years / 150,000km. Had a couple of adjustments to the default and it certainly drives a little sharper now. Definitely not placebo, I'm sure of it.

So I had omitted a slight detail from that post for certain reasons... now I shall include it:

DSC01566.jpg

Today I got a start on my 150,000km service. I say I got a start on it because I hit the mark sooner than planned and due to a busy week at work, I didn't get all the bits and pieces in time. Today I:

- Changed the oil and oil filter

- Flushed and changed the Power Steering fluid

- Changed the only drive belt on the car for the revised/shorter belt that supposedly corrected a rattling issue. The belt was pretty much due for changing anyways (see attached image for the importance)

di-313471963892.jpg

The remaining items to do next weekend are:

- Initial coolant change (First change is done at 150,000km)

- Replace fuel filter

- Change front rotors and pads

Then some time in the coming month or so I plan to:

- Change rear rotors and pads

- Change worn suspension bushes with SuperPro replacements

After all that, the TRD should be back in good order for many more kilometres of driving.

That belt routing diagram still amazes me.

On personal note, Yeasterday, I finished fabricating a pair of seat rails to allow me to mount Gen 5 Camry Sportivo seats in my Gen 3. Advantages are more bolstering and much much comfortable.

Today I replaced the blown cig and pwr outlet fuses in one Aurion. Too easy.

Unfortunately, I've had to do both cars recently.

I booked the other one in for it's 60K service.

mmmm my worst fears have come bear.

the engine noises ive been hearing firstly the big end bearing and secondly one of the conrods are loose causing the number 1 pistong to hit the head :-( i just hope it will hold on long enough until i can afford a new car !!!