body panels & lights differences 122 & 123 Sportivo

I've recently bought a lightly crashed Sportivo ,04 built, 05 complianced, to fix up for myself. In chasing parts, I've found out most of the lights and body panels have different part numbers between the Sth African built cars and the Jap built cars of the same year. That however does not mean they wont interchange.

Whilst I've done a lot of mechanical work on these models, this is the first major body job, so I'm on a steep learning curve,

Can anyone here help out with what parts/panels they know for sure interchange.

I've put up a WTB post. I need panels and lights for both front & rear of the car.

thanks guys

thanks, can you be a bit more specific about the differences. I've placed a Jap and SA car side by side and cant detect a difference in the bonnet

thanks, can you be a bit more specific about the differences. I've placed a Jap and SA car side by side and cant detect a difference in the bonnet

I think SB is thinking about prefacelift and facelift models. If they are the same year it should all fit i think. However there is a difference between early 04 and late 04 models I believe.

Don't know about the preface, but for the facelift model, the S.African built headlights have a slightly different inside compared to the Japanese built headlights.. mainly it's the bulb cover for the low beam. Check it out, you'll see what I mean. Also, S.African built Corolla's have a different front windscreen. Their one has a blue tint across the top of the windscreen. The Japanese built ones have a clear windscreen through out. :)

All sportivo's were built in SA. Only Runx's were built in Japan from what i understand.

All 1ZZ's were also built in Japan as well. Anybody clarify this??

Are you comparing a Sportivo to a 1ZZ??

All sportivo's were built in SA. Only Runx's were built in Japan from what i understand.

All 1ZZ's were also built in Japan as well. Anybody clarify this??

Are you comparing a Sportivo to a 1ZZ??

I believe there are a small amount of 1ZZ were built in SA.

And the SA market has the RunX too. What we call Sportivo's here, is called a RunX in SA.