Loud THUMP, from 1st to 2nd???

Hey all,

I get a loud THUMP, when driving the car hard, normally if I press the clutch quick, there is a THUMP noise, and shifting into 2nd is like... weightless, 2nd to 3rd makes that same noise, just a very very faint thump...

I was just wondering, if this thump is really bad?

Normally, only happens louder near the Peak Torque range (4400-5000) but I can still reproduce the same thumping at nearly any REV range, in 1st gear.

I'm assuming, it's because I'm pushing in the clutch to quickly, and to strong...

If you need a video of what I mean, please ask.

edit: happens in either, a cold engine or hot engine, as stated above I can reproduce this noise, at any REV, and well any time I'm guessing... the engine is 100% stock, the car is 100% standard.

Edited by iVaz

start by looking carefully at the engine mounts, especially the front & rear ones. they commonly split and allow excess movement. we sell hundreds of toyota mounts at my work , including specially up-rated ones for performance Toyotas. If your car is stock, then all its might need are stock replacements. check it out and let me know if I can help

terry

start by looking carefully at the engine mounts, especially the front & rear ones. they commonly split and allow excess movement. we sell hundreds of toyota mounts at my work , including specially up-rated ones for performance Toyotas. If your car is stock, then all its might need are stock replacements. check it out and let me know if I can help

terry

Honestly, I ain't sure about half the things in my cars engine. Also, I have no idea where mounts are located.

I get a loud THUMP, when driving the car hard, normally if I press the clutch quick...

Thats the problem its your driving style I think, the thump you are hearing is when your drive train loads up...

I could be wrong though....

Its like flat shifting, you will hear that bump, or wheelspin :D

I get a loud THUMP, when driving the car hard, normally if I press the clutch quick...

Thats the problem its your driving style I think, the thump you are hearing is when your drive train loads up...

I could be wrong though....

Its like flat shifting, you will hear that bump, or wheelspin :D

Humm, their is no wheelspin though...

i'm not sure what flat shifting is but..

i notice that thump only happens when you want to do quick gear changing and your clutch out/accel. timing is slightly off (probably flat shifting? haha)

edit: it's only when i'm high revving, not just at any rev..

Edited by dwee.

i'm not sure what flat shifting is but..

Flat-shifting is when you change gears without lifting off the accelerator (sometimes without even disengaging the clutch)

I'm not sure if it's flat shifting, because I fully disengage the Accel, then QUICKLY, stomp on the clutch... don't forget, I cna make this noise at almost any revs, just it's weaker the lower the revs, and louder the higher the revs.