Wiper Blades and Internal Stop Fog

whitestivo

i had a quick search and came up with nothing.

i'm looking for recommended replacement blades for my zze123. not anything rice, just quality items, otherwise i'll just go toyota as part of my 70,000 service in two weeks time.

I've forgotten the name of the stuff you put on the inside of your windscreen to stop if fogging up. Can someone remind me, and where to get it? It's been a while.

thank you

whitestivo

FogX is great stuff ;) I also recommend you go nuts with RainX, both in the additive to your washer fluid and the spray on coating.

I'm just using Bosch wiper blades, lasted about a year already and still work very well.

with RainX dont get the spray on ones but instead the concentrated ones in the bottle.. they work tons better then the ones in the spray bottle but do becareful to avoid any contact with ur skin as it is quite acidic...

I've been using RainX additive to the washer bottle and bosch premium wiper blade refills for the past 6 months and they are awesome.

Its really funny when you are driving on the freeway and there is no need for the wipes cause the droplets just bead right off the windscreen :lol:

Superb, thanks ppl. I'll be getting myself some fogx and rainx this weekend.

Are there any negatives with this stuff?. As an example, when my mudflaps were black, i armor all'd them, and then when they got painted, the panel beater wanted to kill me as the paint wouldn't set on them.

whitestivo

I'm with everyone's recommendations as well. My sister's car is fitted with Bosch wiper blades, and I have used them in the past on my Camry and I cannot fault them. I'm pretty sure the stock wipers on my Aurion are Bosch as well. They also seem to be fairly durable.

As for the Rain-X, good stuff that. Just try and minimise the usage of your wipers. I use the Rain-X washer fluid additive as well and it gives the windscreen a light treatment of it.

Just try not to get it on your paintwork when applying the concentrated stuff as it is alcohol based and it's better to be on the safe side. Apart from that, there is nothing else you really need to worry about.

I haven't used Fog-X, but I'm pretty sure that if it's just as effective as Rain-X, you will have no problems with it either.

FogX is great stuff ;) I also recommend you go nuts with RainX, both in the additive to your washer fluid and the spray on coating.

I'm just using Bosch wiper blades, lasted about a year already and still work very well.

with RainX dont get the spray on ones but instead the concentrated ones in the bottle.. they work tons better then the ones in the spray bottle but do becareful to avoid any contact with ur skin as it is quite acidic...

Isn't it just mainly methanol?

Next time you polish the rig, use the rag you wipe the polish off with and give the winscreen a good rub (Clean it first), this will leave a fine wax layer on the glass, repelling water and extending the life of your wipers.

I have been using Silicon wipers for a couple of years now, very good.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any negatives with this stuff?

If you get a chip in your glass O'Briens or whoever you use will feel the same. It stops there resin from sticking.

Handy thread for me as I need some new wiper blades. Bosch premium seem to be the ticket. Supercheap stock them?

Super Cheap usually carry a pretty wide range. They have a book there to cross-reference the appropriate part number. If they run out of stock there, just try another.

Handy thread for me as I need some new wiper blades. Bosch premium seem to be the ticket. Supercheap stock them?

Super Cheap usually carry a pretty wide range. They have a book there to cross-reference the appropriate part number. If they run out of stock there, just try another.

Cool thanks. Went to supercheap today and picked up a set of Bosch blades for under $15. They should now clear the screen like no-ones business.

If i have car tinting on my car, will the concentrated RainX have any problem?

Rain-X is used on the outside of the windscreen only. Firstly, you shouldn't have any tints on the windscreens, secondly, tints go on the inside of the glass. You can use Rain-X on other windows if you want as well as point number 2 above applies.

Rain-X fog treatment goes on the inside of the glass however. I haven't used it myself, but best to look at a packet of it first to make sure it is safe for use with tinting.

I've got Fog-X but haven't got around to applying it. If I remember correctly, it mentioned something about NOT applying it on tinted windows .......

As for Rain-X, I never used it.

PIAA wipers does a treat. It coats the windscreen everytime I use it so if I'm ever on the freeway, I can do without turning wipers on just by sticking to the speed limit .... :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont put rainx fog on tint, says so on the label.

it's all over the inside of my windscreen.

whitestivo

Haha by the time i read Daryl's and Guni's comments and others, it is also all over the inside of my windscreen... will not apply it again on the inside though.. <_<

Haha by the time i read Daryl's and Guni's comments and others, it is also all over the inside of my windscreen... will not apply it again on the inside though.. <_<

You can still apply it to the windscreen. It would probably be most effective here anyways. Unless of course you have a strip of tinting at the top of your windscreen, which most people don't do these days because the glass already has a tint in it for the upper part.