1zz with stardard sportivo exhaust

Wanna find out for 1zz auto which is better? 2zz cat back or axle back? I did a search on the topic but no much info on auto fitted with sportivo system. Only remember read once auto will lose bottom end torque if fitted with cat back system, is it true? Will axle back alone good enough? Not gonna have a lot of mod maybe just light tune like intake etc.

Thanks! Thats what a thought maybe a bit too big but I can source a sportivo muffler for free so was wondering should I get the cat back pipe also Maybe I will just flange the muffler instead then. It will be good if someone actually done it and give me some freeback on pros and cons! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! Thats what a thought maybe a bit too big but I can source a sportivo muffler for free so was wondering should I get the cat back pipe also Maybe I will just flange the muffler instead then. It will be good if someone actually done it and give me some freeback on pros and cons! :lol:

I have the Sportivo axle back exhaust fitted to my 05 Auto Levin and didn't notice any loss of bottom, sounds better outside the car but still quiet inside.

Just changed the flange over for a bolt up fit, they bolt up in the same place and the sportivo muffler looks better with the chrome tip and is still all Toyota.

i recently got a sportivo catback installed on my auto rolla. i havent driven enough for the ecu to adjust but there's certainly no loss in performance but any gain was so small that it all might be in my head. otherwise it drives like stock but with a nice deep tone at low revs but so quiet from in the cabin.

this the catback installed, just wondering if the metal plate circled in red was there from factory

post-8229-1247991578_thumb.jpg

cheers

Edited by chicken

I've not seen a zze exhaust with a plate like that welded to the cat. Interesting that they had to do two welds to get the cat-back joined up aswell.

I've not seen a zze exhaust with a plate like that welded to the cat. Interesting that they had to do two welds to get the cat-back joined up aswell.

yeah thats what i thought too about the catback weld, can that disrupt the flow?

That looks exactly like the catback i have as well...

it is cut cleanly at where your first weld is from the resonator... and that plate looks like there might have been a hole or something... check with chase :P

Evo

from this picture it makes sense now. there was originally a shield covering the cat screwed on to that metal plate but since the new tube is larger the bracket that wraps around the tube wouldn't fit

• 4 months later...
sorry to revive this topic. Should i use this TRD muffler from my 20v AE111 to my 1zz corolla (auto), do you think i will suffer some low end loss? It does have 60mm inlet. I wont be using the entire pipping but just the muffler only

2361799585.jpg

It's just a muffler, if it can be made to fit then use it. 60mm is what, 2 3/8"? It will probably be a bit loudish.

sorry to revive this topic. Should i use this TRD muffler from my 20v AE111 to my 1zz corolla (auto), do you think i will suffer some low end loss? It does have 60mm inlet. I wont be using the entire pipping but just the muffler only

2361799585.jpg

It's just a muffler, if it can be made to fit then use it. 60mm is what, 2 3/8"? It will probably be a bit loudish.

shld be 2.3" i think