100,000k srevice cost

Tony Kluger 03 Grande

hi... my 03 kluger finally reach 100,000km.

just wanting to know which service center is the cheapest... and ofcourse doing the best job.

i'm from springvale (3171)..

also are there any thing i should change apart from stated on the log book?

by the way...is the tyre rotaion part of the service?? or have to pay extra..

thanks

Hi. I have a Kluger CVX coming up to 100k and will do the service myself as per the service schedule. I am having the sparking plugs replaced by the local mechanic in our town as it is difficult for me to reach 2 plenum support brackets. I would never take my Kluger or my Corolla to a Toyota main dealer ever again for anything, quality of work has been abysmal, pricing not consistent and they do work not required or needed. Incidentally have you had any problems with your car? Mine has been trouble free since I got it new April 2005.

Roger

Hi. I have a Kluger CVX coming up to 100k and will do the service myself as per the service schedule. I am having the sparking plugs replaced by the local mechanic in our town as it is difficult for me to reach 2 plenum support brackets. I would never take my Kluger or my Corolla to a Toyota main dealer ever again for anything, quality of work has been abysmal, pricing not consistent and they do work not required or needed. Incidentally have you had any problems with your car? Mine has been trouble free since I got it new April 2005.

Roger

Hi roger..

well i only got htis kluger for about 3 months... so this would be my fits service...

so we can do the service our self??? how much does it cost...

you recon that the work done by local is better than dealer???

by the way...my car do not comes with the service book.... do you know what need to be done one the 100k service.....

tony

any reputable mechanic can do it,just tell them not to do any extra work until they have contacted you,just get a normal service with plugs etc,transfer case and gearbox plus diffs probably need to be done too

• 2 weeks later...

In general i would have to say Cannon Toyota Camberwell.

had my car services there since i got it with 11k on it, now at 70k. I was straight up when i first went and asked if any discount for TOCAU members they always do me trade on parts and labor and are great blokes.

e.g.

40k service - biggish one cost me $190

60k service (i did oil and filter myself...they did everything else) $60

70k service (i did oil and filter myself...they did everything else) $49

and they still sign the book and do it all perfect, ive heard of places not willing to sign book etc as customer did the oil or filter.

awesome blokes id give them a call and chat, they are always willing to put in better oil if you tell them exact one and other aspects although i just do that myself at home. With no exaggeration i believe i have saved approx 700-1k in service costs and other little issues in the prob 15 times ive been to them, from problems i had with tread and noisy brakes where they ended up replacing the pads under warranty...now that is never really heard of as they are a consumable.

Also last year near Christmas on a 38+ degree day i was getting car serviced so dropped of a cold slab of VB to them....they remember things like that ;)

If you ring the service centre ask to talk to Scott, say you were recommended by Simon with the blue sportivo who stated how good service is here rah rah and drop the TOCAU member and ask if any chance of discount - fairly sure he will oblige.

* they also do a drop off and pick up from work courtesy :) ask about that...they may have a certain 5k radius they do though..i get from camberwell to kew np via them (5-6km)

Good Luck.

Edited by jaderd

I do all my own servicing now on my Kluger and Corolla, except the spark plugs on the Kluger which I have just had done by the local mechanic. Both cars are now out of warranty. After my experiences with the 4 main Toyota main dealers I have used in the past, for routine servicing whilst my cars were under warranty, both bought new, I would not trust any Toyota dealership to touch my cars, not even to check tyre pressures. What I am unable to do my local mechanic can. Kluger has 99000 kms, Corolla 63000 kms both no issues or problems.

Roger

In general i would have to say Cannon Toyota Camberwell.

had my car services there since i got it with 11k on it, now at 70k. I was straight up when i first went and asked if any discount for TOCAU members they always do me trade on parts and labor and are great blokes.

e.g.

40k service - biggish one cost me $190

60k service (i did oil and filter myself...they did everything else) $60

70k service (i did oil and filter myself...they did everything else) $49

and they still sign the book and do it all perfect, ive heard of places not willing to sign book etc as customer did the oil or filter.

awesome blokes id give them a call and chat, they are always willing to put in better oil if you tell them exact one and other aspects although i just do that myself at home. With no exaggeration i believe i have saved approx 700-1k in service costs and other little issues in the prob 15 times ive been to them, from problems i had with tread and noisy brakes where they ended up replacing the pads under warranty...now that is never really heard of as they are a consumable.

Also last year near Christmas on a 38+ degree day i was getting car serviced so dropped of a cold slab of VB to them....they remember things like that ;)

If you ring the service centre ask to talk to Scott, say you were recommended by Simon with the blue sportivo who stated how good service is here rah rah and drop the TOCAU member and ask if any chance of discount - fairly sure he will oblige.

* they also do a drop off and pick up from work courtesy :) ask about that...they may have a certain 5k radius they do though..i get from camberwell to kew np via them (5-6km)

Good Luck.

thanks... i will give scott a ring..

i rang chatstone toyota... and they quoted me $550 for my 100k service......

i rang mulgrave toyota... and they quoted me $450..

that;'s a bit tooooo exp........................

i try scott and see how they goes....

by the way... what is the Tocau member??? how much discount do i get... and how do i join then....

tony