Mick's AE82 Twincam

eviltwin

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm currently searching around for a cheap rooted twincam complete to use as a parts muel... So far the cars coming up have been to pricey or to good to butcher. Once i find one im set and there will be much progress completed. I have been busy cleaning up parts for the engine bay and am focusing on getting it nice and tidy. Not really into making it to spotless and shiny but im not sure i can help it.

The other little piece im looking at is retrofitting the AE92 P/S resevoir in as it's a much nicer and more clearer unit that the AE82 one. Also bought some nice new tools and a heap of other random stuff to keep my boredom at bay!

100_2549.jpg

100_2551.jpg

100_2552.jpg

100_2553.jpg

100_2554.jpg

100_2555.jpg

my special zoom in button on my computer showed this....not that surprised really

mick.jpg

HAHA!! love it! but unfortunatly until you remove your resevoir condom so it doesn't have babies with the booster im going to have to say you smoke the beef bong alot more than i do Simo!

Well today i went out and bought engine oil and filter and found that i had some box oil good to go so i drained the old fluids out and went in with the new... very pleased with the sump bolt i scored from Webby with a bigport i bought from him ages ago! Not sure what i'll be getting done tomorrow but i'll definatly be sorting something else out! Stay tuned!!

100_2556.jpg

100_2558.jpg

my special zoom in button on my computer showed this....not that surprised really

mick.jpg

HAHA!! love it! but unfortunatly until you remove your resevoir condom so it doesn't have babies with the booster im going to have to say you smoke the beef bong alot more than i do Simo!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLzzz :D

mick.jpg

ahahhahahaha i laughed so hard at this

• 3 weeks later...

IT RUNS! I bought a seca off Egay and once that was delivered stripped the loom and other pieces out for the motor and first turn of the key after the blind kid and i fiddled around and installed a few bits and bobs and an MMS of the igniter area in a runner today and it fired up , i ran it for 5 seconds just so i knew it was true , after 18+ months the feeling was indescribable and was celebrated with BEER. Now to finish her off and get her running like a clock and all will be good!

Pics!

100_2561.jpg

100_2560.jpg

100_2563.jpg

100_2574.jpg

100_2562.jpg

• 1 month later...

Long time no update ehh!

The car started and all was good until Andy ( Blind Kid Seeks ) and myself noticed something not right and upon further inspection for some strange reason the head gasket has let go! So upon pulling the head off piston number one told a nice story with over 200ml of coolant sitting in the bore - the gasket let go big time! It was tough getting so close and then feeling so far but ive now sourced nearly all the parts i need and ill be sending the head off for a cleanup and some light work. Other than that the rest of the cars basically 100% complete with all the suspension in and only the front brakes missing as im rebuilding the calipers and ive also purchased new front slotted rotors and pads to go on to! Camber bolts are in front and rear i think the rear shot shows that ;)

2010-09-13172131.jpg

2010-09-13172104.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update time: The car is getting some much needed attention now as i have just landed myself a new job and gotten quite a pay rise... i can see many bad things happening with that extra money that involves one little red car notorious for taking my money! :P

Bought myself a decent rivet gun and placed the important vitals back into the engine bay , have installed my series I door mouldings and fitted up brakes ( Thanks Blind Kid Seeks ). Otherwise the head will be coming home this week im hoping and it will be all go from then onwards. Some niggly little bits and pieces to sort out but overall systems are all go and im looking forward to the next months progress.

I wanted this thing running again by my birthday ( 30th October ) so thats the goal from here on in!

Also started the resto of the Zender Turbo wheels with the tyres now removed im prepping them for primer and paint , at this stage a gun metal will be on the menu with some 185/50 profile rubber to tuck under the gaurds when i sit her down again after roady :)

2010-10-11183112.jpg

2010-10-11183102.jpg

2010-10-11183052.jpg

2010-10-11172320.jpg

2010-10-11172245.jpg

2010-10-04184504.jpg

2010-09-30163132.jpg