Mick's AE82 Twincam

eviltwin

Nah mate just leave the block out in the open so that i can get as much stuff off the trees in my driveway as possible :lol: Not sure as to why she failed as it was fine in the other car but ive rose above that now , opened up the wallet and had the head built along with buying genuine head bolts and head gasket to keep things reliable.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... I scored some nice stuff for the car this week. Some genuine headlights with eyebrows painted black , they look the part now fitted! Also another SSV front lip in black along with a pair of Foha sideskirts also in black. Not sure weather i like the SSV or the Foha skirts more but i will fit them both up and decide!

Also plotted out my head refit on the bench and the head is sitting in place ready to be torqued and put all back together. Interior is now all back in one piece and everything works as it should apart from a freakish moment with the stock headunit i fitted just for something as it's all i had. It ended up blowing the tail light fuse and i thought as she had been sitting for a while id fit another and see what happened , in doing this the whole cabin plumed with black smoke as the stereo had caught fire but luckily i removed the fuse almost instantly and saved anything else from harm, Moral of the story kids go spend 100 bucks and fit yourself up with a new unit with a warranty! Anyway some pics!

2010-10-19164112.jpg

2010-10-19181051.jpg

2010-10-19181110.jpg

2010-10-19181128.jpg

2010-10-19181141.jpg

2010-10-19181257.jpg

2010-10-19181311.jpg

2010-10-19181325.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys , Troy the wheels that i had on the seca are now on the AE82 where they belong and i couldn't let go of them i love them to much - there are some cheap wheels kicking around though PM me exactly what your after!

Another update: Mega **** off thanks to Jason , Bway and the Blind Kid for all of the help in person and over the phone. I was having dramas with the TPS and called Jas up for a chat and he let me know the easiest fix would be to grab a bigport throttle body and run it in conjunction with the bigport TPS. A call to the Bway and an hour later we had fitted the Biggy TB and started the car up with the issue corrected. Brakes are all fitted up and the clutch is waiting to be bled so the missus will be in the car on the pedals when she comes home!

A photo there of the Nissan CA20 ribbed idler pulley and shortened belt to run Power steer without an AC compressor ( Big thanks to Psycho aka Brad for the information on this works a treat ).

Car sat for a good 40 minutes yesterday and all looks good for a drive shortly , just need to go and grab some tie rod ends and fit those!

2010-11-15183809.jpg

2010-11-15183843.jpg

2010-11-15183909.jpg

2010-11-15185030.jpg

Cheers mate , no tricks w2ith the HG but more so it's always good to have a couple of toyota books and a mate or two around to help out , measure twice , cut once as they say!

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Managed to spend some time on the car lately... been buying and selling a few bits and bobs so stay tuned.

Bought a new set of wheels i found on ebay which will be getting some attention in the coming days. They are staggered ROH 15X7" s with two wheels a +21 and the other two a +27 offset! mega dish. will look cracking with a coat of paint!

Also bought a vintage Recaro Mesh seat that ill get repaired at some point, it's so comfortable and supportive.

Ordered RDA slotted AE92 Series II rotors to suit the brakes i bought.

fitted the FXGT Dash cluster cover ( looks awesome ).

Been trying to tidy it all up so i can go and get rego etc. More updates soon!

100_2607.jpg

100_2608.jpg

100_2609.jpg

100_2610.jpg

100_2611.jpg

100_2612.jpg

100_2613.jpg

Sweet, can't believe it's taking me this long to find this thread.

Car looks great! Done very well. I shall be waiting to see what happens next :D

Looking good Mick! I'm with Lee - the old school Recaro is great :D Best of luck getting the roadworthy and rego, I'm sure it'll pass with flying colours :clap:

So ive completed the AE93 SII Brake upgrade with brand new RDA slotted rotors and some new Bendix pads and a coat of paint for the calipers, also recieved and have now fitted my Momo steerer i bought on Ebay , bloody nice wheel and in immaculate condition, just needs a horn button!

Enjoy.

2011-03-15160250.jpg

2011-03-15145443.jpg

2011-03-15145429.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bit of an Update - She drives , and drives well.. im really really pleased with how solid the car is and can only get better from here on in.

It's got a good amount of power and im really pleased with how everything is but desperately needs an alignment and maybe some camber dialed out of the rear as seen in the pics haha!

The photos explain how friggen cold it's been in Melbourne the last week or so... Pics of the dash cluster and wheel etc , the honda lip i scavenged off an early 90's model teg and pics of the engine bay after a little bit of a cleanup and some general tidy up work on the loom etc.

100_2659.jpg

100_2658.jpg

100_2657.jpg

100_2656.jpg

100_2655.jpg

100_2654.jpg

100_2653.jpg

100_2661.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to posting a couple of pictures of the latest new bits. Been off tits busy with work so progress has been slow again but the car will be going on Historic Rego fairly soon! Have driven it quite a bit around the block as i diagnose anything im unhappy with and make more tweaks and improvements as i go. Selling off the staggered ROH wheels for now as i want to put the money into other areas of the car.

Looking at buying some T3 Pulleys to whack on as my crank pulley is quite chipped anyway so it would be a good time to uprate some stuff.

Bought myself a Genuine Momo Horn button with Toyota face and also a pair o fshaved and polished cam covers from Concept Customs which are just awesome. I was a bit worried they were to bling but it's so subtle and just looks excelent with the engine bay being so vibrant! Ive started to neaten and remove parts of the loom that arent used as they look untidy and in general take up space... more soon!

100_2664.jpg

100_2667.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, Been flat out lately , had work commitments , moving house , Daily driver bits and bobs to do but i have still been slowly progressing with the car and will have it on reg before the years out!

The latest Acquisition came from the Pick-a-part in the pouring rain! A good AE92 SX Radiator. Have wanted one for ages as i bloody hate the way the bigport outlet hugs the dizzy and all the rest of it! One hole drilled to fit and some nice Allen key bolts and she was all sorted!

Looks much neater now but my goodness the whole car needs a clean! Massive thanks to Bway for being a top bloke and helping me get this from the donor car in the wet!! Cheers mate!!

Much more very very soon!

Cheers!

2011-11-19163146.jpg

2011-11-19151504.jpg