1967 Corona

Pete Too

Hi all

Just joined the club. Bought a '67 Corona on the spur of the moment last week. Won't start, but I haven't had a good look at it yet. Get's dropped off tomorrow.

Needs a lot of work as far as the body & wiring are concerned. All locks & ignition switch are stuffed. Missing the fuel cap, chrome strip on drivers door, mirrors, just to name a few of the things that I noticed. If anyone has any parts for sale or looking for a good home, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Petepost-14776-1249521584_thumb.jpgpost-14776-1249521584_thumb.jpgpost-14776-1249521449_thumb.jpgpost-14776-1249521465_thumb.jpg[a

ttachment=10127:IMG_2308.jpg]

post-14776-1249521433_thumb.jpg

post-14776-1249521482_thumb.jpg

I feel a ratter shovel nose project coming on..........

My vision:

Obviously get the Rona mechanically sound....... then:

- lowered

- tidy up the bodywork to your satisfaction.....

- cheap flat or satin paint job...... you could go black although that is a bit too common these days......

- paint the rims...... pillar box red is a bit over done too (although I did it, but 3 years ago now on my Corty).... maybe flat grey

- new or 2nd hand tyres if the ones on there are shagged

- whitewalls on the tyres..... or portawalls available in different widths

- set of decent hubcaps (ie the original centrecaps)

- cool old rugs to cover the seats if they are in need of repair and you don't want to shell for a retrim

- set of fender mirrors (eBay can help there although mostly they are not to my taste as I like the genuine jap ones best)

- visor for above front screen (unlikely to find an original but can have a brand new all metal one made for $300)

- venetian blind for inside back window (same as above, but will cost between $200 and $240)

- polish the crap out of all the chrome even if the chrome on there is not in the best condition........ make it look as good as possible

- as many period correct accessories as possible (ie grille badges, drivers window shield which I forget what they are called, bumper over-riders etc etc)

- some sort of faded motif on driver's and passenger door...... perhaps a period correct version of a Japanese taxi sign..... amazing what signwriter's can do

- tidy up the interior but no need for perfection...... clean those windows to perfection though

Then........ sit back and admire your one of a kind ratter RT40 that will turn more heads than you can believe, was a hell of a lot of fun to create.... and..... didn't cost you a fortune.

Well that's what I would do anyway. :rolleyes: