Evo's 1zz

Evo7

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you changed from the blitz setup to a TRD charger???

Put simply... Yes.

The TRD was more cost effective for me then to still hang onto the Blitz and get it redone <<<new manifold.

Evo

bit of a noob question here, but does your car have a bonnet bulge with the supercharger?

did you have to get the hood changed?

Just wondering, can't seem to find pics of your car with the hood down, apart from the first few haha!

bit of a noob question here, but does your car have a bonnet bulge with the supercharger?

did you have to get the hood changed?

With the Blitz kit, the bonnet as it is would not clear the supercharger. Having some form of modification to the bonnet is required. Hole plus scoop is one way to do it.

Finally got the car tuned and absolutely gobsmacked at the figures! :D

See 1st post for output :yahoo: very VERY happy :D :D :D

Evo

good results, that figure's about right on crossley's dyno with the TRD charger and emanage combo. Did Paul say the injectors were nearing their limit?

Car looks nice and dyno figure makes it look like it goes well :D

How's the width of the powerband on it, and was it a lot of work to install the charger? (Yeah I'm lazy to go through all 45 pages :P)

Well, considering I have been through two superchargers, the TRD is far more superior then the blitz ever was...

CHA54, Paul didn't say anything of the injectors maxing out, so I assume its all good, but surprisingly the TRD is still making power at rpm rev limit 6250-6300.

As for KRS, powerband is very linear and anywhere in the rev range, it just cuts loose. Installed the TRD myself and now its tuned, I absolutely love it :)

You'll find that the car will continue to make power the higher you rev it, but with the emanage you can't circumvent the stock rev limiter. I only take the 1zz's to 7K, there's too much stress put on the rod bolts going any higher.

• 2 weeks later...

the cost involved in transplanting a 2ZZ after all the money and time and effort that has gone into supercharging the 1ZZ would be 1) a waste of time, and 2) more costly than just going and buying a Corolla Sportivo... not to mention painstakingly annoying and difficult...

the cost involved in transplanting a 2ZZ after all the money and time and effort that has gone into supercharging the 1ZZ would be 1) a waste of time, and 2) more costly than just going and buying a Corolla Sportivo... not to mention painstakingly annoying and difficult...

Also, the 2zz isn't nearly as much fun as a charged 1zz, however, both are still alot of fun :P

its just like driving a standard/ normal corolla with Intake and exhaust, but once you put the foot down, it becomes a whole different animal :lol:

As shown at the meet last Thursday, it drives superb compared to how it used to drive, and there are those on here that can vouch for that! :P

Also, the 2zz isn't nearly as much fun as a charged 1zz, however, both are still alot of fun :P

its just like driving a standard/ normal corolla with Intake and exhaust, but once you put the foot down, it becomes a whole different animal :lol:

As shown at the meet last Thursday, it drives superb compared to how it used to drive, and there are those on here that can vouch for that! :P

Put your supercharger on it, you could still have fun with that extra power.

Small update,

Now have working foglights :D

love the controllability of them, with the on/ off switch :P

Also, considering changing the bonnet back to stock for the clean, no rice look... Thoughts?

Evo

Put your supercharger on it, you could still have fun with that extra power.

I'd say that the TRD blower would be out of it's efficiency range on a 2zz. Not to mention all the little things that need to be changed to make it fit, it isn't bolt on for a 2zz.