-DAvo's Aurion

-DAvo

Here is my Aurion, not many mods done at the moment, but have a bit planned.

Current changes:

Exterior

- Sportivo front grill, colour coded

- Colour coded mud flaps

- Phillips HID H11 kit, 6000k

- SMD LED bulbs in parking lights, numberplate lights, interior lights, boot light

- Fog lights (to be fitted) with Phillips Diamond vision h11 globes

Audio

- Clarion MAX386VD in dash dvd player

- MB Quart reference 6x9 component splits

- Eclipse 6x9 in rear shelf

- Dynamat front doors, rear doors, double dynamat and silicone (to stop the rattle) on rear shelf, Alpine v power MRP F300 4 channel amp.

to be installed -

Rockford fosgate P3L-S12 subwoofer

Alpine MRP M500 mono block

Rockford 140Amp Circuit Breaker

Rockford Distribution Block

Rockford RCA Leads

4 & 8 Gauge Power Cable

dynamat boot

post-13790-1252218353_thumb.jpg

Edited by -DAvo

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Ok so its been a while since i updated this thread....

Changes since my original post

- Had fog lights fitted

- changed head unit to Pioneer AVH 4150 DVD

- ordered wheels

- booked car in for sub/monoblock fitting.

post-13790-1259822914_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1259822928_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1259822943_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1259822975_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1259822988_thumb.jpg

Oh dude... Sweet rims.. What are they? 17/18s? Im guessing 17s since u can put all of em in the boot without stacking them on top of the others.

Great mods so far.. Liking it.

Oh dude... Sweet rims.. What are they? 17/18s? Im guessing 17s since u can put all of em in the boot without stacking them on top of the others.

Great mods so far.. Liking it.

their 16's acctually :P would of liked to have 18's or even 19's but i acctually quite like the look of these raptor rims... plus i dont have to buy new tyres :P

will look at getting some bling 19's or something later down the track, but im more interested in getting my audio done nice. :)

will post pics of the wheels mounted on the car soon!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so finished the detailing on the car,

after hitting it with a series of paint cleaners etc and 2 coats of nxt 2.0, topped it off with 2 coats or meguiars m26 hi tech wax.

couple of pics, will be having the sub and mono block fitted thursday, and pedders springs the next fortnight!! :)

enjoy and any comments are welcome :)

4244302697_b51d4d43d1_b.jpg

4245085166_9fa08560b5_b.jpg

4244356197_65e89147ec_b.jpg

4244375511_d3c1e696c3_b.jpg

4245092056_9a68297fd1_b.jpg

So clean and sparkling. First thing that comes to my mind is 'white wedding'.

Damn I wish I had the patience again to shine my car up to it's full shine again.

And I wish I had a DSLR.

thanks for the comments guys! :) very glad with how she is turning out, will like to upgrade to larger wheels down the track, but im liking the 16's for now :P

daryl, your wildfire red looks awsome already.... imagine how much "POP" it would give once you hit it with some claybar, swirlX, and then 2 layers of a good quality wax! :spiteful:

Lee, mate i cant wait to see your beast with the new coilovers! gives me something to aim towards! im going to go the pedders springs first, and look at upgrading to coilovers down the track (as with wheels :P )

Morning matey...the ride with the std shocks & Pedders springs was ok (not great) you might find them a little bouncy after a couple of 1000 km's,i mainly had probs with the front scrubbing on big dips in the road,unfortunatley with spring & shock combo's you are limited in what you can purchase (without modifying your struts) :( .You should be ok because your running 16" and not 20"'and a much smaller width. :)

btw...my Pedders springs will be for sale soon,only did about 8000km's with em on,still in very good condition,PM if you might be interested. :whistling:

sub and amp are in!!!

wow is all i can say, nice to have all the low end filtered out of my doors and rear shelf and into the sub, sounds amazing!!

had a grill fitted as well to protect the sub from UFO's in my boot :P

had the amp fitted under the drivers seat, so now i have the alpine 4 channel amp under the passenger seat to power the speakers, and the mono block under my seat to power the sub.. and absolutely no parcel shelf rattle! wheww! think it helped having the shelf double dynamatted and sealed/stuck into place with silicone..

took some pictures of the set up..

4254065138_5de77e96c8_b.jpg

4253297711_b56e41d06c_b.jpg

4254064932_2302ceeb02_b.jpg

4253297565_1b2b937694_b.jpg

4253297495_e56b3cc069_b.jpg

car looks great man!! i love a freshly detailed car... soo silky smooth... makes me wanna rub my naked body all over it... wait... i've said too much... :ph34r:

hahahaha just kidding...

which sub/amp did you go for?

hehehe pls, its a white car, i dont want any skiddies on the paint job :P LOL

Edited by -DAvo

Looking good mate...get them tunes pumping :yahoo:

thanks lee,

sound awsome right now! and im super happy with the soundquality : loudness ratio! blows my mind! and even my gf likes it! said it plays loud yet clear! woooo!

looking at an option audio rear view mirror upgrade now, with built in gps/reverse cam :)

Ok, so over the past couple of nights, I've been experimenting with some new (to me) camera techniques, coming from a portrait/wedding/sports photog background, this was a totally new field for me, so any constructive crit is very very welcome :)

started off ont he first night with the idea of using my 430exII flash, that in my opinion turned out to be a epic failure.

4272465549_41840715ee_b.jpg

so, unhappy with the previous nights efforts, i headed out again last night, this time with my mountain biking light (niterider minewtx2) in hand and was suprised at how much better the photos came out!

so... here are my shots from last night, bear in mind this is the 2nd attempt, it has given me new ideas on some tweaks on technique are in order, hope you all like them, and please leave your input on what can be done better/what is good etc etc

thanks!!

4273202734_96351ace93_b.jpg

4272458211_5d43b38ac8_b.jpg

4273202394_9b0d52f86b_b.jpg

and just a token shot of the LED bulbs i fitted in the fog lights... not very bright in terms of projecting light, but looks great! will be staying in for summer and will change them out for something more practical when winter sets in.

4273202828_467fe35326_b.jpg

photos are coming along nicely just got to practice with getting the light even and try using a diffuser over your light to help spread it out some and you may have to increase your exp time

Im around 20 to 30 secs at f8 ish depending

keep up the good work