Sydney Cross City Tunnel Break-in

What about someone like me?

I live in Melbourne and should me in Sydney on the queens birthday weekend and am etching to go on a cruise with you guys on the Sunday 12th in Sydney.

Why the !@#$ would I buy an e-tag? Screw that! Isn't it possible for me to just go through with no tag, ring them up after going through and paying over the phone? We can do that here in Melbourne if we don't use Citylink often.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about someone like me?

I live in Melbourne and should me in Sydney on the queens birthday weekend and am etching to go on a cruise with you guys on the Sunday 12th in Sydney.

Why the !@#$ would I buy an e-tag? Screw that! Isn't it possible for me to just go through with no tag, ring them up after going through and paying over the phone? We can do that here in Melbourne if we don't use Citylink often.

You can do that!! Just go to the site like i sed and do the one off account thing! You wont need a tag, they take a pic of ur rego plate and bill you...

www.crosscity.com.au

short term accounts can be arranged over the internet from 1 day to 1 week...

come along anyway though, even if you don't come on the cruise with us!!! But better if you cna arange something... plus if you have a Melb or Brisy E-Tag or E-toll or which ever system you subscribed to, they still work too (as they run on a nation wide system)

Brisbane e-Tag is compatible with both Sydney & Melbourne roads...

We have a $10.00 tri-monthly service charge applicable to all tags, but is waived if your charges exceed $10.00 for the period.

I think this fee is also pro-rata'd, ie if you use $5.00 for the three months in tolls, then they charge a $10.00 service fee...more like a minimum use amount...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! CROSS CITY TUNNEL OPENING DELAYED!!!

Yes it seems the guys in governement have screwed us a bit....

The cross city tunnel WILL NOT OPEN ON 12 JUNE!! Its been delayed to the end of July!! I'm so ****** off!!

Which puts a bit of a downer on the cruise that was planned for next sunday....

"The CrossCity Motorway is now scheduled to open to traffic by the end of July – still more than two months ahead of schedule.

“More time is needed to complete the final works and to comprehensively test and certify all of the operating systems” said the Chief Executive of the Cross City Motorway, Mr Peter Sansom.

“We regret the decision to postpone the opening date. However, this is the most technically advanced tunnel in the world and we want to ensure all the new systems are working as designed,” said Mr Nick Greiner, Chairman of Bilfinger Berger Australia.

“The Bourke Street ramp and the connection with the Eastern Distributor, still require further work.” Mr Greiner said.

“Those areas then require commissioning and we need then to be confident beyond any doubt that the entire Motorway operates as a whole” Mr Greiner said."

Sorry guys... I guess we'll have to organise again in a month to go through it, in the mean time, feel free to jump in and organise something for the long weekend...

well it gives me and KT more time for the tolling tags to arrive... :P

I guess we just postpone until it happens.

How can a tunnel be technically advanced??? it's a hole in the ground people... just political hype if you ask me... :huh:

But a meet for Sun or Mon arvo sounds good... any ideas people???

EDIT: actually monday would be better as I want to watch the V8s from China :D :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Gotta love the NSW government huh! :angry:

As Blue Stivo said it may turn out to be a better thing inorder for some of us who have applied for the e-tag to get it in time for the cruise.

I'm still more than happy to meet up but more for the Monday rather than the Sunday. :)

I wouldn't mind an Old Pacific run but being a long weekend it will be pretty heavy with traffic :(

so any other ideas are welcome and encouraged :D

If anyone has any ideas about where to go up North then sing out, I don't know the roads up there at all...

Could we meet at 11am in Homebush carpark 6 (as usual) and we'll try and get away by 11:30

Be prepared, with a full tank of fuel!!!

Bring CBs, I'll have a spare if anyone needs it...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

4 the people with the eway tags can sum1 explain how the cashback program works please?

Its a little complicated...

You get the eway tag and put money (usually $100) into an eway account. An amount gets deducted from your bank account when your e-way account is low.

At the end of each quarter e-way sends you a statement of your trips and itemises the trips on the M4 and M5. These are the only roads you can claim the cash back. You deduct the GST from the total amount for these roads, fill in the forms they have sent with your statement, send it back to them, and they will deposit the cash back into your bank account...

I think there are some extra charges related to the amount of usage but I cant remember these off the top of my head...

i want to get an e-way tag but its too complicated i heard that like u said u only pay the gst and other costs then they refund the rest of the amount back into ur account. so realisticly its like a savings account with fees and lets u go on the freeway. is it?

i want to get an e-way tag but its too complicated i heard that like u said u only pay the gst and other costs then they refund the rest of the amount back into ur account. so realisticly its like a savings account with fees and lets u go on the freeway. is it?

Somethin like that.... Its not too hard. Just sign up for an account, put a deposit for the tag, put money onto the account. At the end of each quarter fill in the cash back forms and send them off.

I'm with Beep Tag which is a min $70 account on sign-up and no deposit for the tag :) ;)

It is the one advertised by the Cross-City Tunnel...

I'm also with Beep Tag,

when is the re-scheduled opening for the tunnel? Anyone know?

Well they delayed it a month so I'm saying the 12th July..

Hahaha i wanna turn up too but i feel bad coz my cars probably the slowest car in

the group unless there are other Conquest and Accents are turning up......

So are we welcomed???

:huh:

I guess all fellow members are welcomed, :)

We are there to cruise, it doesn't really matter if you got the slowest car. The only problem maybe you found yourself left behind and you lost the group. :D :D :P :P

Edited by Cooley

Hahaha i wanna turn up too but i feel bad coz my cars probably the slowest car in

the group unless there are other Conquest and Accents are turning up......

So are we welcomed???

:huh:

I guess all fellow members are welcomed, :)

We are there to cruise, it doesn't really matter if you got the slowest car. The only problem maybe you found yourself left behind and you lost the group. :D :D :P :P

Like Cooley sed, all are welcome!!

Tell your friends... :P