TRD Aurion brake options

David the Viking

FYI:Repco has 40% Off DBA Gold Series Rotors (On Store Stock Only), until 26th September 2010.

Repco Catalogue

From DBA website:

Street Series:

DBA2707X .RRP$290.55 ea (AUD) Street Series Gold (cross-drilled & slotted) Rear Solid

DBA2709X RRP$303.07 ea (AUD) Street Series Gold (cross-drilled & slotted)Front Vented

OR

4000 Series:

DBA42707XS RRP$0.00 ea (AUD) 4000 Series XS (premium cross-drilled & slotted) Rear Solid

DBA42709XS RRP$375.71 ea (AUD)4000 Series XS (premium cross-drilled & slotted) Front Vented

As said, that's store stock only. Good luck finding a store that holds stock of the Aurion rotors (especially in the 4000 Series). They usually only hold stock for the Commonwhores and Falcoons with the occasional Toyota stock.

• Like 1

As said, that's store stock only. Good luck finding a store that holds stock of the Aurion rotors (especially in the 4000 Series). They usually only hold stock for the Commonwhores and Falcoons with the occasional Toyota stock.

Guess what?

Anyway how much are the standard brake rotors on the Aurion?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know in the coming days we'll off the shelf front rotors to suit TRD Aurion (not Corvette based). These rotors aren't modified in any way shape or form (ie. no elliptical stud holes or double drilling), but will required the use of a reusable custom spacer ring.

The cost of the rings are $65 each, which although expensive, allow the use of much cheaper rotors (better in the long run) and also follows the taper of the internal flange, providing a near perfect flush fit on both side, ie. they're not just a straight 62mm spacer. Also running this spacer and rotor combination means no cost in getting the rotor studs modified either now or in the future.

Cost on the DBA rotors to suit:

4000 Series Std $165 each

4000 Series Slotted $247.50 each

4000 Series XS $280.50 each

5000 Series Slotted $429 each (replacement ring $305 each)

5000 Series Cross Drilled $575 each (replacement ring $345 each)

Cost on the RDA rotors to suit:

Std $165 each

Slotted $395 for the pair

Gold Passivated Slotted and Dimpled $539 for the pair

At the moment we've got free shipping on DBA rotors (till end of July), so a pair of 4000 Series Slotted with rings to suit would be $620 delivered.

Any questions at all just let me know!

Regards,

Greg

Edited by gslrallysport

4000 Series Slotted $245 each

Ahhhhhhh FML!

I should have waited. As much as the RDA's are doing their job, I like my brands and I just prefer DBA.

Not a huge saving on the RDA Golds, but very nice to have an offering from DBA now.

At the time, i would have gone DBA but I couldn't justify the cost of 5000 series rotors

Not a huge saving on the RDA Golds, but very nice to have an offering from DBA now.

But keep in mind a few things:

- The RDA gold dimpled are lower in performance than a normal straight slotted (in either RDA or DBA) and are purely for looks.

- The 4000 series are made here, versus the RDA (all) which are made overseas. Although the slotting/dimpling and gold passivating is done locally.

- The 4000 Series has extra's like thermal marking paint which can be handy if you're using the car on the track or for heavy duty use.

- The 4000 series has painted centre hats and outside face, versus the gold passivating that tends to tarnish over time.

Between the 4000 Series Slotted and RDA Gold you're getting a better performing rotor at a lower cost. It's not like you're getting a worse rotor and making a saving.

• 2 weeks later...

Awww Yummy!

last night when we was messing around with the coil over’s on my car i got in checked out the pads/rotors on my car, and noticed a slight lip emerging on the outer edge of the rotor face, although the rest of the rotor was dead smooth perfect even no marks from rocks or anything but gee those DBA's look pretty awesome. fighting the urge not to get some but at the moment i know they’d just sit around with the Remsa and HPX pads, braided lines and TRD brake fluid until i get the time to put the suckers in. But just to be clear on something, the 4000 XS are the gold ones that don’t run kangaroo paw and are only designed for hard road use not track use is that right? If you want to do a bit of both i understand you’re better off with the standard 4000 slotted?

But just to be clear on something, the 4000 XS are the gold ones that don’t run kangaroo paw and are only designed for hard road use not track use is that right? If you want to do a bit of both i understand you’re better off with the standard 4000 slotted?

The 4000 series XS are also Kangaroo paw, but you're correct in saying that for track work, you'd be better off with just a normal slotted rotor.

Also, the DBA options are now in stock!! Also we've got a current special at the moment of free shipping on DBA rotor till the end of July.

But just to be clear on something, the 4000 XS are the gold ones that don’t run kangaroo paw and are only designed for hard road use not track use is that right? If you want to do a bit of both i understand you’re better off with the standard 4000 slotted?

The 4000 series XS are also Kangaroo paw, but you're correct in saying that for track work, you'd be better off with just a normal slotted rotor.

Also, the DBA options are now in stock!! Also we've got a current special at the moment of free shipping on DBA rotor till the end of July.

Thanks for that Greg :)

• 3 months later...

I took my front rotors off and they look thin, does anyone know the min spec for the trd rotors. I believe this is still the original one.

Thanks in advance!

DBA 4000's Series Slotted Rotors.

http://dba.com.au/4000-series

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm assumig its the second one, so if i get these rotors its as easy as taking off the old ones and replacing it with these. And no nods needed for the rotors to fit?

Cheers!

I'm assumig its the second one, so if i get these rotors its as easy as taking off the old ones and replacing it with these. And no nods needed for the rotors to fit?

Cheers!

Have you followed this thread at all? Go back a page and read the post from Greg (gslrallysport).

Cheers!

Have you followed this thread at all? Go back a page and read the post from Greg (gslrallysport).

Cheers mate, getting new front rotors soon enough. Btw what's the min spec for the rear trd aurion rotors?

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Is there any development on the TRD rotors? The last time i tried to source a set other than "genuine" i would of had to modify them to suit.

i think it was around the 80k mark the last i tried to replace the rotors and it was all too hard for anyone. I tried to get them skimmed, no-one would do it so i put a set of HD pads on and have been getting around with this horrible squeal and i'm over it.Now i'm going do what i should have done in the first place, replace them.

Any latest results for advice?

your a very angry person Daryl. SORRY i missed it when i clicked the one that had BRAKES in the link. The latter one was the one i remembered and was looking for, So Thank you.

Im happy to read we have options :clap: .