Splitting Toyota Models?

Evo7

Should the Toyota Models be split up in their own section to have specified topics?

Eg.

Corolla/Corolla Sportivo

->ECU Tuning

->Forced Induction

->Engine Related Threads

->Suspension related threads.

->Interior related threads

->Exterior related threads

Do you know what i mean???

By categorising them in each forum, to make finding out information alot easier, instead of having to trawl through a blob of threads.

Just an idea to make searching alot easier for new people.

Evo

A decent idea, but all the housekeeping to keep it all in order will make things more difficult. Personally I wouldn't bother. It won't really help things out in my opinion. It is changing something that isn't broken.

... And no Evan; you can't have a "FI Corolla" thread just so you can be there with only a few others :P

Hi Guys,

Here is my observation and feedback as a new member who used the Corolla section to find information when I joined the site last month.

1. It was extremely difficult to find information relating to my model without reading through other un-related topics first. Yes, even with the search engine. This may have caused me to duplicate some of the questions I have posted because I couldn't find some of the information I was looking for and later found the answer buried in a completely un-related topic.

2. In most cases, when I make a reply or a post in a thread where I want to receive notifications about (of new replies), I wouldn't get these notifications, even though I clearly mark the "subscribe to email notifications"

3. Most of the new topics are being started and created without a model specific subject title, therefore making it harder to see and search on unless you actually go into that thread and see what it is about.

The above makes me want to agree with your proposal to split the Corolla section into relevant sub-sections, but as an administrator of another site myself, I know that it is indeed hard work to do the house-keeping of moving every single thread to the corresponding section and manage the new topics being created ongoing. This could however be achieved by appointing a few helping hands who will be able to help with the house-keeping and monitor the new topics to ensure they fall within the new guidelines for posting in the correct sub-section and with the correct subject title that is model specific.

So in saying this,

do you suggest that we appoint a few people from each Section, to look after just 'their' type of cars Forums?

Eg. DJKOR Takes care of The Aurion Section, and Someone else for the Corolla and so on??

Just coming up with better ways to improve the Forums, to be more organised and manageable for all users.

Evo

So in saying this,

do you suggest that we appoint a few people from each Section, to look after just 'their' type of cars Forums?

Eg. DJKOR Takes care of The Aurion Section, and Someone else for the Corolla and so on??

Just coming up with better ways to improve the Forums, to be more organised and manageable for all users.

Evo

Yep, that's exactly what am suggesting. Have more moderators in each of the forum sections who can be responsible to look after their own car sections. Give these moderators the power to tidy-up the existing posts/topics in these sections to give a helping hand to the site admin, as it's one hell of a task to re-structure and move around posts all by one admin.