Adverts in the middle of the page

SHIRE.ZRE

Hi Guys,

Not sure if it's the way my browser set-up, but every now and then I keep getting those adverts stuck in the middle of the page am viewing and the only way to get rid of them is to click on them to display the advert.

I am sure this maybe the way the site admin has set it up to either generate revenue or get better exposure and ranking on Google, but please can we have these adverts disappear for at least Silver Members? :)

Maybe that will be enough incentive for other members to upgrade their membership status ;)

Just a thought.

Hahah, theres your problem there, Internet Explorer :P use firefox.

If that isnt the case, try empty your cache because for some reason the ad on your computer isnt fixed in its cell, or maybe the resolution is small and squeezes out the ad with the top/right hand side search bar.

I have a 24" iMac so that isnt a case of small resolution.

Hope it helps but,

Michael

Hahah, theres your problem there, Internet Explorer :P use firefox.

If that isnt the case, try empty your cache because for some reason the ad on your computer isnt fixed in its cell, or maybe the resolution is small and squeezes out the ad with the top/right hand side search bar.

I have a 24" iMac so that isnt a case of small resolution.

Hope it helps but,

Michael

Don't like using Firefox as it doesn't display colours naturally and adds a colout theme of its own. ;)

I don't think it's the screen resolution that is causing it in my case either. I have a 20" monitor.

I still think it's IE8 compatibility issue, so next time it happens I will switch on to the FireFox browser I have on stand-by and see if it'll do it there as well.

Thanks Dave, am not using any accelerators, but I think I found the cause.

In IE8 there is a "compatibility view" button right next to the "refresh" button that was activated/pressed. As soon as I clicked on it to de-activate it, everything went back to normal, so I guess the website coding doesn't like this compatibility view feature, so I'll view the website without it.

All is OK now.

P.S. I tried FireFox as well and it doesn't have this problem.