new tyre for corolla - need help to choose between the two

D35

Take it easy to moderate on them for the next 1000km or so, then take your Rolla out for a spirited drive and you'll see how good your choice was.

sure will!!

thanks for the advice daryl

Take it easy to moderate on them for the next 1000km or so, then take your Rolla out for a spirited drive and you'll see how good your choice was.

and how little time they will last lol....bitter sweet....short life great grip

i hope they are not THAT bad

i shall see!

cheers

i got the BS Adrenalin myself and wow i was surprised how good they were compared to stockies :)

when you 'prime/warm up' the adrenalins, before a mountain run, they will become somewhat stickier, and handle very well... when there is almost no tread left, they become semi slicks LOL :P after a mountain run, just touch your tyres, they will feel sticky, this is what makes the adrenalins stand above all the rest.

Evo

I paid $185ea with free fitting for 205/55R16s on special.

That should give you some idea how good the price is. :)

Gav.

hey Gav

thx for replying.

so i guess its a good deal :rolleyes:

i dont get why sometimes larger tyres(eg. 205/xx/xx) are cheaper than the smallers ones (eg. 195/xx/xx)

Pricing of tyres isn't purely based on rim size alone. That are other factors you have to consider with tire manufacturers... Some tires are very expensive due to them being a direct OEM replacement for a certain factory car. As soon as you're using a tyre that is exactly the same as a factory car one, prepare to spend big $$$.

Some sizes like 15" and 17" are popular with factory cars so there are plenty of customers for those. While 16" weren't really used by manufacturers so 16" tend to be expensive in comparison to other sizes.

Profiles that are abnormal tend to attract higher prices to simply because there isn't much of a market for them.

RE001 Adrenalin I can't remember their treadwear rating but from what I've noticed with my friend's using them on their cars similar to mine, they last ~1yr... Thats with a mix of daily and spirited driving.

Edited by DreadAngel

i got the BS Adrenalin myself and wow i was surprised how good they were compared to stockies :)

when you 'prime/warm up' the adrenalins, before a mountain run, they will become somewhat stickier, and handle very well... when there is almost no tread left, they become semi slicks LOL :P after a mountain run, just touch your tyres, they will feel sticky, this is what makes the adrenalins stand above all the rest.

Evo

I paid $185ea with free fitting for 205/55R16s on special.

That should give you some idea how good the price is. :)

Gav.

hey Gav

thx for replying.

so i guess its a good deal :rolleyes:

i dont get why sometimes larger tyres(eg. 205/xx/xx) are cheaper than the smallers ones (eg. 195/xx/xx)

Pricing of tyres isn't purely based on rim size alone. That are other factors you have to consider with tire manufacturers... Some tires are very expensive due to them being a direct OEM replacement for a certain factory car. As soon as you're using a tyre that is exactly the same as a factory car one, prepare to spend big $$$.

Some sizes like 15" and 17" are popular with factory cars so there are plenty of customers for those. While 16" weren't really used by manufacturers so 16" tend to be expensive in comparison to other sizes.

Profiles that are abnormal tend to attract higher prices to simply because there isn't much of a market for them.

RE001 Adrenalin I can't remember their treadwear rating but from what I've noticed with my friend's using them on their cars similar to mine, they last ~1yr... Thats with a mix of daily and spirited driving.

i learnt something again :yahoo:

but 1 year only..shocks me abit

D35

D35

at the end of the day its really depends on how you drive :lol:

Yeah. Drive like me, expect 3 good months out of the RE001's, then another 3 months of average grip.

D35

at the end of the day its really depends on how you drive :lol:

Yeah. Drive like me, expect 3 good months out of the RE001's, then another 3 months of average grip.

i will try to make the most out of it!!

"try"

:blink:

• 4 weeks later...

i used to have RE001 on my S2000 and they are fantastic !

I still have them now because i replace another set of wheels on my s2k and the buyer likes it so i keep my stock s2k wheels and the re001 tyres.

I use them for about 8 months for more than 12,000 kms and it is still got good tread left. (including the way from Melbourne to Brisbane..2,000kms in 2 days)

nice choice and enjoy.