dwee's '09 ZRE152 ZR

dwee.

Nice work dwee! Get 'em on! I reckon you should install them with the stock shocks, wear them right out and then replace them. It's 1 - cheaper, and 2 - you won't need to make space in your garage for the stock shocks. :P

agreed, oh and also reset the rears ;) lol

HELL YEAH!!! Im with TOM!!! RESET THE REAR!!!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey dwee, my stock shocks r doing fine, i dont reckon u need to go through all the trouble of replacing ur standard ones... well its up to u buddy i was just letting u know thats all...

ive also got king springs aswell.

Nice work dwee! Get 'em on! I reckon you should install them with the stock shocks, wear them right out and then replace them. It's 1 - cheaper, and 2 - you won't need to make space in your garage for the stock shocks. :P

Thanks guys, I'm just wondering how long would the stock shocks would last me, that's all. If they don't last that long, might as well get better shocks now and save the hassle later..right?

:toast::toast: Made up your mind then Peter,i understand what you going through :lol:

Looking forward to your pics :)

Thanks mate, will do. :)

agreed, oh and also reset the rears ;) lol

I'll decide when I see it all on :P

hahaha i have king springs on my car and so far the shocks are kinda ok? once the springs are in wait for about a week or 2 let the springs settle into the car then its hot :D but i want lower now :) coilovers here i come

hahaha i have king springs on my car and so far the shocks are kinda ok? once the springs are in wait for about a week or 2 let the springs settle into the car then its hot :D but i want lower now :) coilovers here i come
I"ve been on stock shocks for quite a while now, nothing seems to be wrong with them. I'm also running superlows for the rears...not low enough for me unfortunately.

Thanks guys for the input, I guess I won't be getting KYB shocks. I'll just install the kings for now. Might get it installed on Monday week.

I should've just joined John in BC coilovers GB.. HAHA oh well, I think I'll be happy with this, for a while. :D

Peter.

• 1 month later...
Looking great peter! brand new look. so whens the wheels and zorst coming?? :D:D

It's only new look because you haven't seen me in a while Thom! Hahaha it was a good catch up though; all was missing from it was a (longer) cruise! :P

Wheels are $2k without rubber and TBC..

Full custom exhaust would be nice. Know anywhere that would do headers for ZRE? :D

From the picture, what I see that is missing is come coilovers and a blue Cusco bar! :(

And I'm 'supposed' to be saving up for my house deposit..you guys aren't the best influence everytime I see your ZREs LOL!

Good to see Peter...one more mod struck of the list,well done :D hopefully i can get a better look at it on sunday. :yahoo:

Can't wait Lee!

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, yeah I'm stalking your thread. :P

Kidding, what's the specs on the Evo IX rims (size, width, offsets)?

(powder coat them fluoro orange.. you know you want to)

Good one!

Clean it up and powdercoat them takata green. You know you want to :lol:

LOL, yeah I'm stalking your thread. :P

Kidding, what's the specs on the Evo IX rims (size, width, offsets)?

(powder coat them fluoro orange.. you know you want to)

What about bright red?! Not thinking about that just yet guys.. :P

17x8 +38

Wanna see these fitted asap...very nice mate,should look great. B)

Thanks Lee! Deciding on tyres! Either RE001's or T1R's :D

Also consider looking into the Falken FK452. They're apparently slightly better than the T1R's and cheaper as well.

Ahh maybe I'll try them next time. I've already ordered a set of T1R's to be fitted tmr..YAY!! Maybe have a carwash and a few photos tmr if I'm free.. :)

Peter.

Also consider looking into the Falken FK452. They're apparently slightly better than the T1R's and cheaper as well.

Ahh maybe I'll try them next time. I've already ordered a set of T1R's to be fitted tmr..YAY!! Maybe have a carwash and a few photos tmr if I'm free.. :)

Peter.

Yeah boi...nice one :)

hrmmmm.. those rims look tough pete! cant wait to see them

Thanks Johnny, we'll probably meeting up soon!

Great upgrade with the wheels. Very keen to see them transform the car!

Thanks mate, thinking of other stuff to do already after seeing the rims on my car. Hehe

- tinting

- remove "Corolla" badge

- blacken the front & rear Toyota badges

- coilovers

Here's a quick snap, haven't really had the time to wash & take photos due to uni..

Peter.

IMGP5846.jpg